The facilities in this park are awesome, there is so much to do and both the market-dome and aquamundo are very nice.
The reason why I give this place a low rating is because the beds are horribly soft, when I complained they had a solution: insert a large plank between the mattress and the bed. A quick-and-dirty solution to avoid having to buy new beds I guess... not what you expect when you rent a "VIP cottage".
The next big problem was mosquito's, they are everywhere... now this is something that is annoying as you simply cannot sit outside, bbq or do anything without getting bitten. But what is really unforgivable is that the cottages do not have any window screens, not even on the ventilation holes. So when we arrived we spent most of our first night killing mosquito's after we closed the ventilation. (they left it open for us, thanks for that!)
But then the cottage became really damp and smelled moldy, nothing would dry so I ended up driving to a shop in town and getting mesh so I could cover the ventilation. It's plain stupid that I had to do this myself. If you know you have a mosquito problem, the least you can do is make sure they can't get into the cottages.
Anyway, I have a lot of mixed feelings regarding this place. It could be awesome and normally I would have probably given this place a 4/5 or 5/5 rating, but when you fail at the basics like being able to sleep without killing your back or getting eaten alive then you simply don't deserve a good rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven