Spent 1 week here, and had a good time. We were in an Eden VIP cottage, the VIP extras meant limitless WiFi, towels and daily bread deliveries which we really appreciated. We were super lucky with the weather so bbq'd every night which is just as well as there's no oven weirdly! Lovely outside area with large dining table and a couple of sun chairs. Plenty of shade for when it got really hot. A lot of mosquitos so take plenty of repellent and after bite lotion.
We were in area 8 which is about a 15 minute walk from pool and restaurants, about as far away as you can get, but it meant it was quiet and peaceful, which was perfect for us!
We did the zip wire and wake boarding activities, they get busy so book as soon as you get there. Zip wire was amazing and worth every penny: €15. Restaurants were pricey and mostly 'fast food' but family friendly and functional. The supermarket was also expensive, there's an Aldi and Jumbo supermarket in the nearby town which are much cheaper and worth the trip. Hired a family fun bike for a day which was hilarious but watch out for granny on the back if you let the teenagers steer!
The aqua Mundo pool was as you'd expect, busy and noisy and the slides and 'rapids' pretty lame but again functional and good for younger kids.
The service was pretty good in general, some staff excellent and went the extra mile, others not so much but still satisfactory. All in all an enjoyable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven