I’ve already left a review for this holiday park so won’t repeat what I said earlier. This time we stayed in a boat house to be a little different. First the location. Clustered around one end of the lake you are able to leave your car nearby rather than having to return it to the car park, this is fine but you can’t get close to the accommodation to load/unload – some of the boats were considerably farther away than ours – not a problem if you travel light but as a fully loaded family bring mountains of luggage it’s a bit of a drag.
Next the boats. There’s a couple of different styles on offer. Ours was two stories with the lower story having two bedrooms (main bedroom has TV) and good large bathroom, that level is partially submerged – the windows are just above the waterline. Upstairs there’s a good kitchen, small table and lounge area with large TV. There’s a small rear and larger front outdoor area, the front area having table and chairs, the sliding patio door leading to that area is a pain to manage. We were there over the new year the lake was frozen solid so it was a little unusual and too cold to sit outside – I would expect it’s pleasant to sit out during the summer overlooking the lake.
We had several freebies with the package where you could decide what you wanted to spend them on. We had a couple of bikes and booked some activities for the kids. You also get several sauna passes – for some reason we got 8, think it should have been 4. These let you into the spa area (exchange for tokens in the pool) where there’s a couple of saunas, steam room, small outdoor pool and seating area. It was very quiet when we were there mainly as people don’t really know it’s there – just a side door at the back of the pool. Also, after 1pm it’s naked sauna so if you’re a Brit make sure you’re out by then.
Rest of the park was absolutely great, lots of skiing, big indoor tropical pool with slides, rapids etc, lots of activities. Finally, the Dutch absolutely love their fireworks and as the clock struck 12 on new years eve the whole park was ablaze with personal fireworks displays where people just put light-once-stand-well-back display units on the roads and patch, plus an organised display.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- De Kempervennen Holiday Park offers a varied, unique and sporty selection of activities for a carefree holiday. In addition to having a wonderful time in the subtropical leisure pool, strolling through the Market Dome - with various restaurants, a grand café and lovely shops – you can try climbing, baby and toddler swimming, archery or go in search of Big Mama. Or as a previous guest commented: “Perfect for our annual group holiday! Everything was within reach for a great week.” The park also has a number of unusual types of accommodation, such as the spacious Eden cottages and luxury houseboats. The countryside as a playground De Kempervennen has two large lakes where you can go diving in search of the giant catfish Big Mama. Or you can go water skiing and wake boarding on the water which you can also whoosh over on the Zip Wire. You can be in the beautiful Malpi nature reserve in minutes by mountain bike, but to be honest, you don’t even need to leave the park for a really great time. Jump into your skis or snowboard the whole year round in the 5500 m2 of real snow in Montana Snowcenter, try paintballing with your friends or gain your PADI diving certificate during one of the multiple-day courses. “Really great for the children” The innovative holiday park offers a huge number of great activities for children of all ages, both indoor and outdoor. Orry and his friends put on various shows while children can play at being a chef, princess, knight or painter. Or how about snorkelling among exotic fish, a DJ workshop or the Aqua Scooter which will pull you along under water? And there is an extensive and highly entertaining programme in the evenings, as witnessed by this enthusiastic guest: “Holland’s got Talent: eat your heart out..!!!” Come and discover for yourself why De Kempervennen, about fifteen kilometres south of Eindhoven, is rightly called the ‘Pearl of Center Parcs’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Center Parcs De Kempervennen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Hotel Westerhoven
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen Westerhoven