The hotel room was immaculate, a definite holiday feel. The room was comfy and summery. The hotel is perfectly situated with a divine view of Moorea island across the harbour. Everything about the aesthetic of this hotel was fabulous. The way the pool meets the ocean, the tropical fish in the man-made inlet, the views from reception, bar, restaurant as well as the decor in the lobby, rooms etc.
The only let-down was the lakadaisical approach to service that the hotel staff seemed to bear. Time seems to be of no importance. I ordered a beer from room service, and I thought they had forgotten about my order, when an hour and a half later, I receive a knock on my door and a warm, flat beer in my hand.
If I were to go to Tahiti again, I would stay there again just for the fantastic views and centrality, but the room service is a joke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa French Polynesia