3 people are viewing this hotel
US$264
Free cancellation until 21-06-26
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$265
ZenHotels.com
US$280
US$245
Hotels.comUS$265
TravelocityUS$265
getaroom.comUS$280
All reviews monte da quinta bedroom suite peacock restaurant spa area high standard bar and restaurant children luis julia algarve crockery oven club
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2020 via mobile

I’m attempting since the month of May to be refunded a deposit paid. Despite being assured by my travel agent and the hotel it has not happened. I have sent dozens of emails, most are ignored by the hotel. Those that are answered are the general apology and promising that it will be brought to someone’s attention. I have given all the information required and still no refund. If this is how they treat their guests I would avoid the hotel at all costs. There are mischievous better in the area. I believe I have waited long enough for a reply and a resolution for my refund. It is now a disgrace. Do not part with your hard earned cash to this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paulo Timóteo, Guest Services / Front Office at Wyndham Grand Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2021

Dear Sully,

First of all I would like to apologize for the late reply.
I know that this situation was already solved and that you have been reimbursed.

We truly regreat the inconveniences caused and trust trust an opportunity in a near future will present itself where we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Warm regards from the sunny Algarve,

Paulo Timóteo

Reviewed September 2, 2020 via mobile

Hard pressed to find fault and anything I could raise would be very minor. Hotel clean and comfortable. Breakfast excellent quality. Service friendly and efficient. Rooms spacious and clean. Place has a very relaxing feel to it and is of a high quality which you would expect given it is quite expensive. We had a suite which was very spacious and comfortable with a nice back garden area. Will return.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Wyndham Grand Algarve, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2020

Dear Betman,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive feedback, your excellent overall evaluation and impression of our Hotel and services was highly appreciated and always a source of motivation.

Warm regards from our sunny Algarve,

Paulo Timóteo | Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 31, 2020

Attn Julia Chene Guest Relations Executive
I have been waiting for a refund for 4 months now.
Reservation No: 3651276015
26/5/20 - 02/6/20
A family celebration for my 70th biirthday.
On the 30th April the Director of Finance said 90 days. On 15/7/20 Paula requested my bank details, as of today still nothing. I have lost count of the emails I have sent, Paula just replies wishing you well, not her department.
Wyndham Grand Hotels are global...how can they behave like this over a legimate promised refund?
When will we get our money back?

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank Linda F
Wyndham Grand Algarve, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2020

Dear Linda,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding the refund.

Kindly note that your situation is not forgotten and we have already reinforced it to our administration and hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Paulo Timóteo| Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2020 via mobile

I have been waiting for a refund for my holiday since April which has not been returned despite being promised in May that I would receive in 14 days time. My parents and my brother’s family also had separate bookings and to date we have not received any money back. The accounting person ‘Valter’ has not responded to any emails and the reservations team ‘Paula’ and ‘Martinia’ simply send emails saying it’s not their department. As part of the Wyndham group I would have expected far better. I have 4 emails over the last week and no one is responding, other than sending me their warm wishes. Simply put when will I get my money back??

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Wyndham Grand Algarve, Diretor-Geral at Wyndham Grand Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2020

Dear Hallenuk,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding the refund.

May I kindly ask you to contact the hotel as soon as possible and ask for me in order to take the necessary actions.

We do apologize again for this.

Kind Regards,

Julia CHENE
Guest Relations Executive
Wyndham Grand Algarve

Reviewed August 13, 2020

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Wyndham and felt I needed to thank everyone there for such an amazing holiday. After all the doom and gloom in the UK, the hotel was just what we needed.
We all felt very safe and secure with all the regulations implemented.
It was the first visit after the change from the Monte, so you could worry if they would loose that special place.
Having said that Paula in accounts, is truly a star, taking our payments before we arrived, for a smooth check-in.
The rooms had been refurbished and are gorgeous.
The sit down breakfast was a little different due to Covid, but every member of staff followed things to the letter and were so friendly about it.
There was high security as the football team PSG were staying, but the level of service did not fault.

We ate and drank in the bar and restaurant several times as a large family and the service by George, Phillips and Sergio, is over and above anywhere we have been. They really want you to have a great time.
I have to give a very special mention to Anna at the front desk and Andre. I left my phone on the plane and when I arrived at the hotel, she took the stress from me immediately. It had returned back to the UK on the flight, but it was back in my hands within a couple of days. She worked very hard calling the airport for me.

My daughter joined us for the last week and she has Autism and ADHD, so we chose the hotel specially for her. There was an incident from a Portuguese gentleman staying in the next room. My daughter was laughing out loud at 10pm and he and his family took offence and he came out and pushed and slapped her. The incident was dealt with immediately by the staff and in particular Paulo Timoteo. He was very patient and understanding with her as she was so distressed. He moved her room in minutes and really couldn't do enough for my whole family. Very Professional approach to the whole matter.

I would highly recommend a stay. Its without doubt the best hotel on the Algarve for the clean hotel, attentive staff, beautiful food and the Front Office Manager is in my opinion trained to a high standard for customer support.

Thank you to everyone.

Date of stay: August 2020
Wyndham Grand Algarve, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2020

Dear Mrs. Polak,
´
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive feedback.

We take a great pride in providing for the needs of our holidaymakers thus your excellent overall evaluation and impression of our resort and services was highly appreciated and always a source of motivation.

Besides, It is such a delight to know that despite the different incidents, we have succeeded in exceeding your expectations and making your stay fantastic.

Thank you very much for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Warm regards from our sunny Algarve,