Review Highlights
Awesome Trip!

Having read great reviews we decided to book an excursion with 'Taxi Calheta'. Ernesto was very... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Nick A
London
Fantastic Taxi Service

We used Ernesto a few times during our stay including a tour around the west of the... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018

from US$28.80
from US$56.40
from US$51.80
More Info
All reviews during our stay porto moniz day trip perfect english great tour safe driver no stress paid euros take pictures ernesto paulo trips island holiday information calheta madeira
Reviewed June 24, 2018

If you decide not to hire a car if it is your first visit to Madeira, I would recommend Ernesto as your taxi driver. His service was excellent and I'd say his prices were reasonable. If you want to visit certain places, they can give you help and advice. We were with a toddler so a heads up always helps.

His was always prompt and so communication was not an issue. No stress and relax was his motto, enjoy the holiday.

Thanks Ernesto.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Samra2011
Ernesto S, Gerente at Taxi Calheta, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Very easy to arrange and paid 40 euros return from outside our hotel Calheta Beach, well worth it as there are no buses up to there.

Date of experience: February 2018
Ernesto S, Gerente at Taxi Calheta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

You have to know them if you stay in Calheta! They are very fast, when you call them, it will take 10 minutes for them arrive to your house!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Michael G
Ernesto S, Gerente at Taxi Calheta, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Reviewed November 22, 2017

My wife and I had a great tour with Gregory arranged through the tourist place in Calheta opposite the Savoy Hotel. We travelled around the south side of the island in a minibus containing eight persons all English speaking. Gregory was a very good guide speaking perfect English and we all had a wonderful six hour tour. I would describe this trip as professional and informative with a wonderfully safe driver. I do see there is another review on about Gregory and I am extremely pleased that like me it was a very positive trip and I would recommend anybody who is looking for a cab to ask for Gregory you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: November 2017
Ernesto S, Gerente at Taxi Calheta, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Reviewed October 26, 2017

My husband, myself and our three girls had a fantastic tour with Ernesto. He collected us from our holiday house in Arco de Calheta at 9.30 and showed us the route on a map before heading off in a very comfortable 8 seater vehicle. On the way he told us about the area and answered all our questions. We could stay at each stopping point as long as we wanted. We loved Achadas da Cruz and had a long time there and we had two hours in Porto Moniz eating at a great restaurant which Ernesto recommended and visiting the aquarium. He said we would be back home between 4 and 5 but we had longer at each stop (the girls needed to meet every cat in Madeira) so we were later, about 5.30 - but at no point did he seem bothered about this. He even brought us a scenic way back under a waterfall and then diverted to show us the start of a levada walk in Calheta which we did today. We all loved our day trip, even my hard to please teenager said she loved it. It was excellent value at 110 euros for all of us and way more relaxing and enjoyable than trying to drive ourselves!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank UKAli99
Ernesto S, Gerente at Taxi Calheta, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017