“Nice place”

GMP Bouka Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Messini
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped for our last night before returning to the U.K. The hotel was clean and tidy and room was pleasant. Great balcony with sea view. Staff were all eager to please and gave great service from reception to poolside to breakfast. Pool was lovely. Breakfast was excellent. Would return maybe for longer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel with good facilities especially for children. Personnel was very friendly and help us with any needs we had regarding the baby. The room was spacious in order to accommodate a baby cot. Swimming pool and beach was good and hotel service was available for any drinks and food as well. Restaurant food was delicious and worth a try. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We usually use this hotel to chill out at the start of our touring holidays of the Peloponnese because of its close proximity to Kalamata Airport. Lovely location on the beach. Beautiful clean rooms in the main hotel. Cannot comment on the rooms outside the hotel as have only ever stayed within the main building. All the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

The hotel is right on the beach offering rooms with beautiful sea view in a quiet location. Good size swimming pool. Friendly staff. Close to the town of Messini. We only stayed for one night and didn't try the breakfast. Our room was spacious with a nice balcony with sea view. The bathroom was also spacious and clean however the shower was small and had some mold on the shower floor.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

My impressions were very bad since I was checking in. The staff was rude, impatient and seemed bothered to stop watching tv and chatting to welcome a guest.

The room although very big and well illuminated, is tacky decorated with a smell of closed for too long.

Wifi doesn't work in the room. The cable remote had its Batteries burst and wouldn't work neither. There's no phone to call the reception.

The bar service was not polite at all and it seemed he was doing me a favor of serving a beer. Also didn't appreciate the bartender gaze at me.

The beach umbrellas and sun beds are great and the pool is pretty and well maintained, tho it's not yet open at 9:30am.

Dinner was alright and the service for the restaurant was nice and professional. The breakfast is not good at all.

I tried to schedule a massage and the reception never even got back to me of if it was even possible.

Very disappointed. Do not recommend.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We eat at the beach and the food was very nice nothing to do with similar beach bars. Prices were not expensive but neither cheap so probably the hotel food is served on the beach. Regarding celiac and gluten they are aware but they do nt have any glutenfree certified dishes.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

If you are in this area, do eat at GMP restaurant! We have already been here 3 times and already planned to have our last dinner of the holiday here.

The settings are very simple, clean, with tables spaced out. There is lounge music from the pool near by.

The waiter knows the menu so he was able to make recommendations and explain to us how dishes were prepared. This is always a top notch detail in my books.

We have tried many of the appetisers. I definitely recommend the Feta sticks with sesame and fig jam, the French fries (made out of local grown potatoes) the grilled Talagani, a local type of cheese. All were so nicely cooked and tasty beyond expectations.

From mains, I definitely recommend the Spaghetti seafood. It's made with gigantic prawns, octopus, calamari and mussels. On the evening I tried this, they didn't have mussels, so the waiter informed of that and offered to add extra octopus or prawns. It was a welcomed gesture to inform of it first, rather than just cook the dish and hope that I don't notice.

Spaghetti seafood was a star dish. The seafood was fresh and deliciously cooked. The prawns were cleaned and left with only their heads and tails, which made it a lot easier for me. There was a brilliantly hotness of pepper on the background, without overpowering and a subtle flavour of dill bringing everything together.

My only regret is that I forgot to take a photo of this dish!

My partner tried the pork tenderloin with mushrooms and local wine sauce. It looked amazing on the plate and the taste was truly fabulous (although not as good as my spaghetti seafood :) )

On a previous visit we tried the grilled octopus and a lot of freshly caught small fish, fried. Truly delicious!

10 out of 10 in my books and a restaurant I am looking forward to visit again!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Saviana D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Messini
12.8 km away
39.5 km away
Kyparissia Beach Hotel
Kyparissia Beach Hotel
#2 of 8 in Kyparissia

Been to GMP Bouka Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!