Kandy Samadhi Centre
US$220
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Green View Holiday Resort(Elkaduwa)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$126
US$50
US$49
Hotels.com
Kandy Holiday Home(Kandy)(Great Value!)
US$35
Knuckles View(Tennekumbura)
US$8
All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsthe riveroil lampsyoga sessionssri lankaclay potsenormous roommud huthoneymoon suitenature resorthome grownjungle settingunique placeoff the beaten tracktea plantationantique furniturehis lovely wife
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Samadhi is as close to heaven as it gets my friends. Very strong vibration from madre tiera here. Strong, still and alive. If I lived nearby I would visit every weekend. Time completely detached and committed to reconnecting to nature is no longer a luxury but a necessity these days.

It's a great place to go to renew all the qualities in life that matter most. Which are often those we neglect the most. It is a living meditation. Perfect for inward reflections (and also plenty of organised physical activity options as well as doctor supervised, tailored ayurveda plans).

If you are similar to me and prefer trees to people, go here. If you are not like me at all, and haven't spent time looking at trees in years or maybe your life, you need to visit Samadhi most. You can stay connected via wi fi and will probably end up loving it the most. I would deem Samadhi deeply nourishing. I think it gives each guest exactly what they need.
The pure harmony of the dwellings with the environment and the imagination and simplicity and understated artfulness of each unique room demonstrated to me, nothing short of pure devotion of the creator, a prayer. Honestly mind blowing pieces of art and a rare gift, enhanced further by the music of the river as a backdrop heard from everywhere and running through the sanctuary.
I visited only a few days but left with profound clarities and for me, well I received a much needed remembering that devotion is my favourite word and simply what I want most.
If I could create anything in my dreams, it would be precisely this.
Thank you Waruna.

Room Tip: see photos on website and pick yours :)
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Waruna's Samadhi centre is unique. The environment as well as the local community is respected, the food is organic, the accommodation is beautifully furnished - decor for the soul - and this suits travellers of all kinds

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I had an amazing few days at the Kandy Samadhi Centre. The previous reviews don't do it justice! The location is so beautiful and the rooms are totally unique from anything else you'll find and yet also very typically Sri Lankan.
The food was amongst the best we've had here. Not all vegetarian - there was always a fish or chicken option - but so much local variety.
Staff so helpful and accommodating as well!
Loved it and would come back again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2017

This was one of the main highlights of our trip to Sri Lanka. The location is beautiful and the food is so good probably because it's all grown on the property. I agree with another review that said don't stay here if you're looking for a modern resort. Depending on your room location you might have quite a trek to your room but we found it to be really nice and we loved all the thought that went into designing every building on the property. The staff is beyond accommodating and they will go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. We had an amazing experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

The place was really relaxing with nice ambience and good room facilities (hot water, beds) service and food was really excellent especially lunches and dinners! The place is good for a quiet retreat and surprisingly little to no mosquitoes!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple