All reviews the river ayurvedic treatments oil lamps sri lanka yoga retreat enormous room honeymoon suite unique place home grown tea plantation his lovely wife knuckles range local community quiet retreat five nights nature lovers curries
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend visited the Kandy Samadhi centre in April and were absolutely blown away by the place. Located in the middle of ‘nowhere’ the huge hotel area is filled with beautiful and authentic design and a calm atmosphere to let you slow down and relax mind, body and soul. We ended up in one of the bigger rooms which had a really nice and interesting style to it. We could enjoy the bathtub placed out on the terrace or take a swim in the river just outside of the room. Since it was located a 2 minutes walk down the road from the main building, we felt as if we were completely alone with the beautiful raw nature. The atmosphere helped to let go of stress and to ground ourselves to a more inward focus. The Ayurvedic massage was the best I had so far in my life. The staff was lovely and did a really good job with creating a calm and grounded energy to let the guests be able to relax fully. And last but not least; the Ayurvedic meals were absolutely delicious!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Off the beaten path, the natural jungle birds and the sound of the river was so refreshing.

Everywhere and the room is filled with Sri Lanka antiques collected by the owner.

The manager and his staff are also very sincere. Best Ayurvedic massages in Sri Lanka. We miss the Ayurvedic treatments here everywhere else we travel to in Sri Lanka can't compare!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Samadhi is a truly special place. I wish we had been able to stay longer.

The staff were extremely friendly and attentive. Jack and Waruna especially. There weren’t many guests so our room was upgraded and the room we were put in was incredible! We were shown round the property and found that every building and room was decorated and furnished uniquely, and in just as much detail as ours was.

The whole property was kept so tidily, and the vegetable garden, yoga studio and aryuvedic treatment rooms were really lovely too.

We had a really great aryuvedic treatments after a consultation with the doctor. The yoga class was also

The food was incredible! So much variety and of a really high quality.

Such a special place. Really worth a visit. It felt incredibly peaceful and I felt well rested after I left despite it just being a short stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2018

I absolutely loved the Samadhi Centre! The staff upgraded me to the most beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the Knuckles Range. Basically, I didn't want to ever leave!
Loved the treatments - best massage ever, loved the walk to the waterfall to swim and have a free little fish pedicure!
The food was healthy, plentiful and very tasty. The staff attentive and kind.
I chatted with the owner and his lovely wife. Both very interesting people!
The design of the Samadhi Centre is fascinating and worth a visit in itself. Loved the oil lamps!

Room Tip: all the rooms are different.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2018

If you are up for an experience outside of the ordinary, if you like the thought of staying in the middle of the jungle with unique rooms full of antiques, outdoor bathrooms, beautiful, quiet surroundings with great and attentive staff - you do not have to look any further. For this who want, you can add yoga, Ayurvedic treatments of all kinds and retreats - Samadhi has it all. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family