All reviewsoverwater bungalowa la carte restaurantpremium swim up roompool view roomsun all daypool barutopia barpremier roomgentle musictoilets smellasian nightprivate deckingstunning hotelfinishing touchessister hotel next doorisland staffmini bar was replenished daily
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband have just returned from 10 nights to celebrate his birthday.
Prior to arriving we had read endless reviews that said how amazing this place was and we did think surely it can’t be that good, but it is even better than we could have ever imagined. From the moment we arrived late at night the service was five star plus we had sparking wine and food waiting for us in our villa. I would highly recommend staying in a villa as these are amazing and the private pool is an added luxury. The food, staff, atmosphere and facilities are all outstanding. This was without the doubt the best holiday we have ever been on and are keen to return again however we are aware that they are expanding the resort and hope this does not result in it losing his unique and intimate atmosphere it currently has. I would assume more facilities will be added?

5  Thank Vanessa G
StellaHotels, Διευθυντής at Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Vanessa G,

Thank you very much for your time to share with us your beautiful review! We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed every minute of your stay.

We are happy to inform you that we are going to expand the resort for season 2019 with 83 brand new Luxurious rooms & Suites, more Lagoon style Pools with our unique laid back Polynesian concept, new fine dining restaurants, 24/7 in room dining, more Entertainment, dine around experiences, more added values and services for our Hotel guest's.

Dear Mrs. Vanessa, we assure you that our philosophy is to keep the same beautiful concept, offering at the same time world class experiences and services that will "spoil" our guest's, to this beautiful corner of the world. The Stella Island.

I will be more than happy to welcome you back on Crete as one of our most valuable loyal guests.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel this is, worth paying that bit extra for the next step up to the usual short haul holiday. Hotel looks from the outside and in reception far superior to anything we visited on the way. The rooms are clean and finished nicely, being cleaned daily. The pool area is amazing and their are plenty of sunbeds as most rooms downstairs have their own. Food is good and always something for everyone. The 2 bars are well run with service around the pool on a regular basis. Lobby bar run by the fabulous Katerina, who made us feel so welcome, making us different drinks just to get us to try something local and different. We were there for 2 weeks so she had our drinks ready for us on a nightly routine. Thank you K for making it fabulous. Antonis the F & B manager is a great guy making sure everything is perfect for you, and making us laugh with his humour. All staff are amazing and love working in this hotel which to me says a lot for the people running it. Well done guys and thank you once again for a perfect holiday. Will be back very soon.
Jackie and Gaz

1  Thank Jackie S

Dear Jackie S,

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay during your recent holiday and we thank you so much for your kind feedback.

Your comments are shared with all our personnel and we are convinced that they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Once more, I would like to thank you very much for choosing the Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa for your holidays and I am looking forward to welcome you back in 2019!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2018

We stayed at the beautiful Stella Island Spa last month and had the most amazing time. I'm usually in charge of booking holidays but my Husband joked if I got this one wrong I was to be banned from future bookings as we have constantly been disappointed in hotels looking nothing like their pictures and falling short in other areas. Well I hit the jackpot with Stella Island it really is everything and more you would expect after seeing the lovely reviews and pictures. All the staff were so lovely and the food is amazing (2 vegetarians in our group) and always lots and lots of choice, lots of lovely drinks also included in the All inclusive, Previous all inclusive we have stayed at have been a waste of money as we would end up eating out elsewhere every day so this holiday was really good value for money. I really don't see how anyone could give less than a perfect 5* review of this beautiful resort. Thank you Stella Island for a wonderful holiday, fantastic hospitality and for amazing memories on your beautiful Island. Jones Family.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather J

Dearest Jones Family,

Thank you very much for your time to share with us your beautiful review! We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed our best Cretan hospitality and your all inclusive package.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This place from the moment we got there to the time we left was a piece of heaven

From the time we first arrived we were made to feel special. The setting is stunning we stayed for 7 days in an over water bungalow which allows you to be as isolated as you want whilst you can still mingle with others if you wish

The room we had was simply stunning, the room was cleaned twice a day and the mini bar stocked plentifully every day (no charge)

The hotel is so modern and everything had been thought of so well from the idyllic setting of the main buffet restaurant area (the staff were so friendly) to the superb spa facilities

The provided app for the hotel when you get there allows you to order everything and plan your days in advance firmly in the 21st century

On our first night Katerina the simply wonderful utopia cocktail bar tender, made us feel so special and us and a group of Brits were there every night due entirely to the company she provided she is an absolute gem and the hotel is lucky to have her, we often came down
Mid afternoon to spend time with her and then later saw the evening in with her.

The Cretan hospitality was great from all staff to be honest, from the welcome you got upon arrival to the welcome you got to every meal at the katima main restaurant to the spa ladies, the boutique lady, mr Adonis one of the managers who even tried his hand at cocktail making

This place is so beautiful and special and we will definitely return here again one day and recommend it to our friends

It’s the nicest, most relaxing and friendliest place I’ve ever been to I can’t say more than that

Tips-go to the vegera Greek restaurant at least once its lovely but very very filling

Go to the Oceania restaurant it’s lovely

Go all inclusive much better value for money than half board

Visit Katerina in the utopia bar

Try and go for an over water bungalow if you can

3  Thank Andy F
StellaHotels, Διευθυντής at Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear Andy F.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel during your recent holiday and we thank you so much for your feedback.

Your comments are shared with all our personnel and we are convinced that they will be encouraged by your remarks as everybody works very hard to make sure each guest feels at home.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

On arrival the place looks great , very clean, very spacious , and the reception is friendly ( that’s when you arrive )
We chose a villa which has a separate pool and the room itself is : fine

Here are the pros :
They are reactive , we arrived after two but our bedroom wasn’t ready, they apologized and offered us our lunch which is lovely , we had a leak on the first day they came to fix it and 20 minutes later it was fixed . On the day of departure the lovely guy driving the cart was there within 5 minutes of asking him to take our luggage
The food is superb , nothing to say there , very fresh, a lot of choice , nicely presented , I am a vegetarian and plenty of choices . The desserts don’t know if they homemade or brought it are absolutely amazing so that was great
The gym is nice , modern and cool
The beddings : honestly one of the most comfortable bed I’ve sleep in a long time . The pillows are so cozy and nice and the mattress protected with a memory foam small mattress which makes it so comfortable
The shop : it has everything you would need

Cons :
The spa ( it looks nice but it’s awful) one of the worst cafes I’ve ever had and for 80€ !! I had to wait 20 minutes , no apologies of course . She just sighted the whole time , didn’t care at all and the ‘cellulite massage ‘ was a slight stroke , absolutely ridiculous .

The service apart from the restaurant they are friendly at all, don’t try to ask them anything at reception as they just don’t care
Exemple : On the last day I wanted to wear a nice dress , but in my luggage it got wrinkly so I asked for an iron : they don’t have one , and that was that !!
The cleanliness of the bedroom, I put some nuts on the floor on our first day, well they stayed there the whole time, the toilets smell of sewage , we found some broken glass at the bottom of the swimming pool and took it out left it on the floor outside : same it stayed there our whole journey .
The lack of activity, do rent a car otherwise you are stuck in there with literally NOtHiNG to do !!! No activities at all apart from at the evening screaming band at 11pm when you have to wake up at 6 the next day to catch your plane .
The bedroom itself it’s ok , there is no privacy even in the vila as we kept having staff coming from the back garden to ‘ fix stuff ‘ which was very awkward all the time
Very disappointed with our stay , we won’t unfortunately be back . And actually on departure the two ladies at reception ask you for your money but they don’t even bother asking if you had a pleasant stay !!!

10  Thank Carol M

Dear Carol M,

Greetings from the Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa. I seize the opportunity to thank you for taking some time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that the accommodation has met your approval, however we are sorry to read that in many aspects we have failed to meet your expectations.

Here at Stella Island we consider all guest comments to be of utmost importance, enabling us to constantly evaluate the level of the services offered and take corrective measures where necessary. To that effect, we would have wished you had delivered to us your comments about the service, whilst still in resort, however even so, rest assured that all points raised in your review will be thoroughly looked into.

Please allow us to make a small comment in regards to the cleanliness of your room. Please note that we have an excellent feedback for our housekeeping team as all the ladies are striving hard to offer the best level and top quality for our extinguished clientele. Furthermore, as you know we offer daily cleaning service and a turn down evening service for all the Villas, as well. The Stella Island Team members are also readily available for any unforeseen issues and for any wishes of our guests.

Having said that, we would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future in order, for you, to verify at first hand that the miss happenings you have experienced are purely coincidental and do not reflect the usual high level standard of service offered.

I would be very pleased if you would contact me on manager@stellaisland.gr in order to discuss the issue further and to offer you the best possible suggestions.