“Great restaurant with a view”
Review of Cafe du Tukon

Cafe du Tukon
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Basco
Description: Farm to table goodness at Café du Tukon: Most of the vegetables, beef and pork we serve are locally produced and organically raised by farmers of Sitio Tukon and from our own backyard! Our seafoods are freshly-caught and sourced from local fishermen. We also make our own jams and bread.
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had lunch and dinner here and it was great. The food was fresh and delicious. Try some of the Ivatan dishes like Dibang (flying fish), Arayu Kan Uvi (dolphin fish) and Lataven... all of these were very tasty. The Paella Negra was also good but the order is big so share it with at least 2 other people. The kamote chips were addicting and served with garlic aioli (I think). Unfortunately they were always out of the pandan iced tea which we wanted to try, as well as a few other menu items. Due to the remoteness of this island, it's understandable that some items may not be available so try to keep an open mind. They were also nice enough to book a tricycle for us since my phone had no reception up there. It cost us P150 for the tricycle ride, one way.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lot of average lacklustre meals in Batanes and this was a great find and deserved of the #1 ranking on Tripadvisor.

We were not a fan of the Ivatan Food we tried.

Their accomodation is expensive but also the best on the island. We would certainly stay here next time.

Views from this restaurant were superb as was the very professional service by our female server.

Our group of three each enjoyed our meals immensely and prices were below what I would expect of such a fine dining establishment.

I had a delicious Tomato and Basil Soup and a beautiful tender Steak, my wife the Salmon and her cousin the whole Snapper.

Don't bother with the limited other places and stick to this one.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This is probably the closest you will get to fine dining while in batanes. Good view, good setup and friendly servers. Food was great! Location a bit of a problem especially when commuting by trike s they dont pass this area quite often so you have to book for them. Must try when in batanes!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

"Cafe du Tukon" is just good by name, food is very expensive and not that good, they only fed us with "Wild Fern salad", "pork with fern salad" and "chicken with wild fern salad". Every food they serve has wild fern salad.... We spent 3,000 for van rental just to go there, and we only got pork and chicken, big joke... isn't it ???

But i like the background music, courtesy of the staff's cellphone connected to the restaurant sound system.

Don't expect too much from this restaurant, you will be frustrated. Generally, I do not like restaurants in Basco, Batanes, expensive and you don't get your moneys worth. Just eat at roadside carinderia.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My family is not booked in Fundacion, but I reserved our dinner (day after Christmas) in Cafe du Tukon almost 1 month before Christmas. I was advised to come in at 5PM since dinner is served early .

My family (there were 6 of us) was not allowed to use the table near the picture window since this table was reserved for someone who booked ahead (by the time we finished dinner sometime 7:30PM, the table remained unoccupied).

We have high expectations from Cafe du Tukon since reviews of previous customers showed that they serve good food, although prices are comparative with Manila prices.

Most of the food we ordered were not available - from appetizer, salad, to pizza and pasta, beef and even dessert.

The sad part was that the waiter taking our orders was not also aware of what are the available food. He had to go back and forth , at least four (4) times , to inform us to change our order since the food was not available .

We understand that after Christmas Day, several items from the menu might not be available because of the high demand . However, part of good service requires that waiters should inform customers what items are no longer available from the menu provided to customers.

Waiters and cashier might have been very tired from previous day's service since they cannot even serve their customers with a smile.

Would I consider endorsing this establishment ? Unfortunately I won't. I don't want others to experience the bad service that my family had encountered in Cafe du Tukon.