Review Highlights
Experienced Batanes with all my senses through Bisumi!

Reviewed September 8, 2018
Patricia V
Had a great tour

Reviewed August 30, 2018
kathrinamishaels
via mobile

All reviews sabtang island great photos local food keep up the good work personal photographer always on time boat ride marlboro country ryan juliet sir jane driver meals culture van hospitality
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Booking Bisumi Travel and Tours for our tour need needs in Batanes is one of the best decisions we’ve done for this trip. They made our first-time visit to one of the northernmost islands in the Philippines a truly memorable one. After landing in Basco, we already felt the hospitality - the Ivatan-way.

Ate Jane (our tour guide) and Kuya Ben (our tour driver) were really informative during our trips. They made sure that in our escapades, our safety is the top priority. I remember the time that the rain just dropped out of nowhere and Kuya Ben had to run all the way from the van up to the lighthouse (SOUTH) just to bring us umbrellas since there’s no shade around where we can keep ourselves dry.

They also made our trip hassle-free because the environment fees needed for certain destinations are already included in our booking. Ate Jane was on top of everything and let us chill while she takes care of the necessaries. During our trip to the almost-always crowded Ahao Arc in Sabtang island, I appreciated how she communicated to the other tour guides just so I can capture a good shot with no people in it.

Because they’re Ivatan-natives, they also shared with us privileged information about the place, their culture, and how they personally feel on certain topics about their hometown. I’d say they’d go out of their way to make us fall in love even more with Batanes. It wasn’t hard for us to communicate with them because they’re fluent in both English and Tagalog.

Whenever we had questions with our itinerary, we get a fast response via SMS through the contact person assigned to us by Bisumi. They were always on time, if not earlier, during our call time during our 4-day tour around the islands. They also helped us discover different local food destinations including a restaurant that offers native Ivatan dishes.

They say Batanes come with a hefty price but I wouldn’t mind investing my money for the one-of-a-kind experience that Bisumi had offered me. Will truly book them again in our future trips to one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines.

Thank you for letting us define “Breathtaking Batanes” with all our senses!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Our tour guide Jek is very informative and entertaining. He also took great photos of my family! Always on time and ready to help us. Thank you Bisumi!

Reviewed August 15, 2018

the level of service and the authenticity of this tour is amazing truly one of the best tour companies in the philippines. organised and really good guides! very proffesional and really good value for money! definitely booked with these guys if your in Basco Batanes

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Learned about Bisumi Tours from rhe blig if The PoorTraveller. So much so that when we were planning our trip to Batanes I contacted them for our tour. At first, I was hesistant to join their tour because of the price. I inquired with other providers but Bisumi offers the lowest and reasonably priced tour and more! You have to deposit P2K in order to reserve a slot. Non refundable but rebookable. After I deposited my reservation fee, they sent me the details of the 3day tour. The price is all inclusive of: all fees (except the environmental fee to be paid at the airport), airport transfers, lunch, Faluwa fee going to Sabtang island. But wait there's more, they gave us freebies like ref magnets, sling bag, paper weights and bag tags. The guide and driver assigned to us were very nice and warm and always ready to help. Overall, I highly recommend Bisumi to arrange your Batanes tour.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Batanes is remote and unspoiled. It isn't for the high-end luxury seeking traveler. The unique quality of the people, the natural beauty and history are all appreciated by the folks at Bisumi. All agents that I encountered were native to the islands and well versed in all aspects of life there. Beyond their knowledge and appreciation for Batanes they are well aware of the World around them and provide a bridge for understanding to the traveler.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We decided to avail the 3-Day Tour with Sabtang Overnight with Bisumi. Our tour guide is Arvin. Very knowledgeable, accommodating and always looks out for the safety of the guests, plus you get a photographer for free :) I enjoyed the tour group so much because they incorporated the Ivatan way of life into how they do the tour -- food, the warmth and kindness of the staff, we spent an overnight in a stone house in Sabtang. I don't feel rushed unlike other tours. highly recommended and value for money.

Reviewed May 2, 2018

I am glad my friend took their tour! Our guide, Lhet, was so warm and efficient. We truly appreciate Batanes because of her stories and trivia about the province. Through her tour, I began to appreciate not only the views and food of Batanes but also its people, their mindset and values. I am convinced that Batanes is the last frontier of our land. Truly mindful of how to preserve the environment and its way of life, Batanes and its people is a true example of sustainable tourism. I hope it stays like this for years to come.

Shout out to the other staff and guides of Bisumi, who are also helpful in our inquiries, though inundated with their box-office-hit bookings!

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Bisumi tours took everything into consideration. That the tourist would like to try the local food and would want to experience the Best of Batanes. Thanks so much Sir Ryan (Owner) ma’am Hilda ( our Day 1 guide), kuya Jonard (our guide), and Kuya Jonard (our driver)!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Chose Bisumi because of their web presence, competitive price and liberal deposit requirement.

Very satisfied with their Join service. (We had opted earlier for exclusive) Juliet our guide was very hardworking, knowledge and very accommodating. So was our driver. Van we used was a brand new Toyota Hiace.

We booked our hotel and air travel separately.

All 3 lunches were very good and very filling.

If you are a group of at least 4 or 5, consider an Exclusive. If in Join be sure to ask how many will be in the van. Max is 10 which means 12 including guide and driver.

Bisumi was also very responsive during the booking process which I completed via email. Bring cash for final payment as credit cards are rarely used in Batanes.

The tour makes a stop at the Bisumi office. My only suggestion is that they improve their restroom facilities.

1  Thank Optraveler22
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Not sure where to start but I guess the beginning is best.

When researching a tour operator I found two popular local options: Bisumi and Batanes Travel and Tours. I ruled out Batanes Travel and Tours as they wanted full payment prior to arriving in Batanes and Bisumi just required a 2000Php deposit per person. With good reviews of Bisumi and a small deposit the decision was an easy one.

I opted for the full board option (accomodation, meals, tours and transportation) as I thought this would be the easiest option in a place where tourism hasn't completely developed yet.

Communication was quite good via email with owner "Ryan" but he was quite elusive in providing more details of the full board (dinner) option.

On our first night we dined at Octagon as part of our "full board" and got a very "cheap" substandard meal of sinagang, fried fish pieces, rice and a small desert. There were no real choices.

We confronted the Bisumi office the next day and were advised that the dinner allowance was a mere 300Php per person and when we deducted tours and accomodation from the full price, we were paying substantially more per day for a mere 300Php dinner allowance per day. I immediately cancelled full board and payed the 600Php for the previous night's dinner. We had nicer meals and a considerable savings on the "full board" option.

FULL BOARD is a poor option and does not offer good value at all. Not recommended. Best to DIY and get nicer meals.

As far as the three tours we undertook, they were great and our guide Jonalyn was superb and I wouldn't want for any better. He was polite, informative, patient and he took many great photos for us and happily answered our many questions.

My only gripe as well as two friends who joined us and only booked tours was lack of communication as to pick up times etc. Meals on tour were substantial but not really to my taste

As a result of our experiences I could only give a 3 star rating and in the future I would just use this company for the tours just to make sure you are not paying more than you have to.

2  Thank tommomelbourne