2,541 results
All reviewsjames bondanimation teampool barnature reservefamily poolrelax pooladult poolcorfu townmain poolpyramid restaurantall inclusive drinksgreek nightshuttle busgreat holidayalbanian mountainsevening entertainmentthemed nights
Reviewed September 14, 2017

My girlfriend and I came here for a week away and I must say, we had a fantastic time.

The hotel is immaculate, with well-maintained grounds, public areas and plenty of staff around to assist if needed. Transfer times from Corfu airport are about 90 minutes and, whilst you wouldn't want to be stuck on a coach for much longer than that, it was nicely air-conditioned and, once you're out of Corfu town, winding your way up the mountains to the hotel felt more like a free tour excursion than a transfer. We liked being away from the hustle and bustle of the town and wanted a more secluded location to relax and enjoy some sun, sea, peace and quiet.

The hotel. We were greeted immediately upon arrival by a very friendly man with a beaming smile who guided us to the reception area to check in. The reception staff were friendly, efficient and, by the time we'd checked in and been handed our key, I was pleased to be told our cases would be bought to the room within 5-10 minutes. It was very hot so I was grateful not to have to lug them around!

The restaurant area (which caters for breakfast, lunch and dinner) is, like the rest of the hotel, immaculate. We were always welcomed swiftly and directed to a table where you are then free to head over to the food areas to select whatever you'd like from the many options available. Continental breakfasts, cooked breakfasts, traditional Mediterranean and Greek foods were in abundance throughout. The desserts were good too (traditional Greek pastries, fresh fruit, ice creams, cakes, biscuits), and there were plenty of drinks options - both soft, alcoholic (beer, red/white wine), cocktails and hot drinks to choose from. I would say that, despite reasonable variety, a week is long enough before you yearn for some other styles of cuisine but there are a couple of beach bars and restaurants off-site which you can go to if you fancy a change. The restaurant also held a couple of theme nights with cuisine to match - Greek and Chinese - both of which were superb. The one let-down for us was the pizzeria a la carte restaurant experience. We'd wanted to get into the Olives (the Mediterranean style restaurant) but this was already booked up solid for the duration of our stay. We did however get into the pizzeria. Whilst the staff were very friendly and polite - and familiar; many of the team you see throughout the day at the bars also pop up in the restaurants or other facilities throughout the day! - the food was essentially components of the same food available in the normal restaurants. There was nothing different or particularly special about this experience. We even ended up buying a bottle of wine from the menu when we could just of easily got all-inclusive wine but this was not made clear to us at the time of ordering. It was the only real negative in an otherwise excellent stay.

The room was of reasonable quality. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning unit worked well - most definitely needed with temperatures regularly in excess of 34C! The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower with a large 'soaker' head, and the whole suite looked quite new. You are not supposed to dispose of toilet paper down the toilet in Greece due to the plumbing - but you get used to this quite quickly. (Don't be looking for a little pedal-bin when you get back home!)

There were some midges and ants around, but our Jungle Formula spray took care of most of them. Watch out if spraying outside though, it makes the floor tiles slippery - my other half slipped on the balcony floor and hurt her back. I don't think alcohol played a part in this, but I couldn't say 100% ;-)

The pools were excellent - we spent the first 3/4 days mainly down at the large 'fun pool' as this was very conveniently located near to the bar and snack areas. There were plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied including water polo, water aerobics and waterfall features to get drenched under. Sun-loungers were plentiful though, of course, people were going down at 7am to place towels on the more prominently located ones. We never bothered and always managed to find suitable ones. We got round to trying the relaxation pool towards the end of our stay and enjoyed that experience also. There is a little jet-spa area with seats which massage your back for you as you relax. Or you can swim out into the main pool (which is deeper than the fun pool, but still only around 1.60m at its deepest I think) - this pool is like an infinity pool: you can swim right up to the edge and then look down onto the fun pool below and, beyond that, out into the Ionian sea. Beautiful.

We took a Corfu Town by Boat excursion which was excellent. Coach transfer down to the harbour, a 60 minute boat ride (with commentary from the captain) and then 3 hours to do as you wish before returning to the boat for the return journey. If anything, 3 hours isn't quite enough time to explore, have lunch, do some shopping and get back for the boat but it was so hot and humid, we just found a bar, had some beers, some food, then got an ice cream on the way back to the boat and were exhausted anyway!

The staff were friendly, courteous, and unobtrusive throughout our stay and the views out across the Ionian sea to Albania were breath-taking. We would definitely return again.

One final thing. The room block names. As you will have worked out by now, they're all James Bond 007 themed. I was chuffed to be staying in Pussy Galore - but then again, I'm a bit massive child really stuck in an adults body!

Go to this hotel and enjoy yourself. We did. And we will again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TakeawayBear

Dear TakeawayBear,

Thank you for the positive review that you have shared with us.
Our staff go above and beyond for our valued guests, and they really appreciate your kind words.
We are as well happy to know that you were pleased with our Food & Beverage Service offerings.
Your good ratings make us happy and we take note of your remarks to increase our quality.
All the pleasure was shared with the entire team and we hope to see you again in the future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Lovely looking hotel from the outside. Was not very happy that although we had booked the same room as my daughter the rooms were unbelievably different. I asked to change to a better room but was told to come back at 10am two days running and eventually gave up and just stayed put, The adults only pool was not supervised by anyone so had children using it , only on 2 occasions did we see anyone come round and ask the parents to take the children down to the other pool.Entertainment in the evening was good on two occasions this was the Greek night and the Latin night but the rest was pretty poor. The gem amongst this was the oasis restaurant with good food and lovely views. There is a big issue with mosquitos so don't forget your spray . Food plentiful but not of great quality wondered why they needed to charge for bottled water surely this should be included into all inclusive.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room and one with a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank MilliemopEngland

Dear MilliemopEngland,

Thank you for your honest review – it helps us to improve our service quality and better meet the demands of our guests.
Our culinary offer caters for our international guest structure and our kitchen team strives to serve a varied menu of international and traditional dishes. We are sorry that we could not fully meet your taste.
All comments are seriously taken into consideration and would like to assure you that your comments will be passed onto the management team for consideration.
Do hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 7 days. 7 days was not long enough!!
The hotel staff from the moment we arrived were friendly and were more than happy to help with any questions and to ensure our holiday was as it should be.
It is located right by the beach which you have access to. Personally, we stayed by the pool as you could hear the waves crashing from there. The main pool is amazing and you also have an option of a relax pool for adults only which also is great. The hotel is well maintained in all areas and you have the animation team with lots of activities to choose from for both kids and adults if required.
Plenty of choice for food within the main eating areas and there is also the 2 restaurants to book within the package. Book these on arrival as they book out quickly.
The hotel itself is located to the North of the island in between 2 local towns. This gives a choice of 2 if you want to get out of the hotel. To get to Corfu Town is approximate 50 min drive.
Overall this holiday was a very special occasion for us and for sure the hotel really played their part in making sure this happened providing a relaxing holiday with exceptional service both before and during our stay.
A big thank you to Persefoni who is the Front Office Manager who helped create a holiday we will always remember.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0mar14

Dear 0mar14,

Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for your detailed description of your recent stay in our hotel. We appreciate it very much.
We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed your apartment with the comfort and that you were satisfied with the facilities in your room and the presentation of our breakfast.
Moreover, it is a delight to know that you were especially satisfied with our staff’s work and service, as we always do our utmost to accommodate our guest’s needs.
Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We came here as a big group. We had incredibly high expectations and in my opinion had a certain 3 members of staff kept their cool remained professional and not exacerbated a bad situation by giving really embarrassing excuses, or being threatening in behavior and shouting, sometimes telling down right lies, this hotel to me might have been able to get away with us simply feeling minor initial disappointment and then getting on with it.

Now for the positives, this hotel is in a beautiful location, jsut stunning I loved the beach which was a stones throw away. There is a lot for children to do at this hotel, every day my children were exhausted after having played, swam, ran, enjoyed the hotel entertainment courtesy of the children's club.

A very special thank you to Andreas for giving my children and I a fun trip in the back of his pickup. Also for being patient and helping us move to our new rooms.
Speaking of changing rooms, there was a man at reception who arranged our change of rooms (I am truly sorry I did not get his name before I left). Any one wanting to go into customer service needs to watch this man and Maria work. These two were professional and it was obvious they were having to deal with a number of challenges but they never got rude, or got panicked and they treated everyone like they were happy to see you. If these two tell you they are going to do something, they get it done. I was very impressed with Maria and the gentleman who helped us with our room change.
The staff that work by the pool area have my respect, I've never known staff working such a busy area remain full of energy and fun. I would arrive at the pool area and start smiling however much another member of staff had upset me.
In the dining area is Gianni who was always happy efficient and made all our children the nicest paper roses for my nieces birthday.
The food is holiday food, I didn't find it offensive but my favorite was breakfast. Thank you to Karolina in the bar for always keeping our drinks topped up and looking very happy as well.
I am told that this hotel is fixing up its rooms so any feed back on rooms I give here might be redundant by next year. Stories of mosquitioes eating you alive are not an exaggeration, but I cant blame the hotel for that
I would return to Mareblue because in my heart I believe we were just unlucky and came when they were having a bad week. Everybody is allowed to have a bad week.

Room Tip: Do not deal directly with housekeeping they are unprofessional and in my opinion the weak link at Mareblue
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Martha G

Dear Martha G,

Thank you for writing a detailed review on TripAdvisor.
Our ideal location on the island is really a privilege and guarantees a breath-taking panorama and a quiet holiday and enjoyable holiday.
Also, thanks for your kind words and mentioning that hotel generously offers a good choice of menu throughout the week.
It has been indeed our full pleasure and honour of being your host during your stay here on Mareblue Beach Resort.
Once again, thank you, and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Mareblue is a very good hotel in Corfu. It offers great food variety, nice entertainment programme, especially for children. It is located close to the beach - small and calm beach, looking towards Albania.

Room Tip: Family room with bunk bed
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank stasipurvanova
Management response:Responded September 11, 2017

Dear stasipurvanova,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We are delighted to hear that you also were fully satisfied with our food and beverage offer.
ın more, our ideal location on the island is really a privilege and guarantees a breath-taking panorama and a quiet holiday and enjoyable holiday.
Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Best regards from Corfu,