Golden Sand Hotel
US$112
US$97
Karfas Sea Apartments(Karfas)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$85
US$72
Hotels.com
US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Vila Clio(Karfas)
US$51
US$92
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$78
Priceline
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
Karatzas(Karfas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice staffnice hotelother hotelsturkeylocation is greatwifiislandchiosbalconiesbeaches
Reviewed August 4, 2017

I spent a week in July 2017 in the beautiful Chios with my family.
We chose this hotel mostly because of the location and I think we made a good choice; it is not far from the airport and from many places worth visiting in the island.
And if you don't want to go anywhere, you are a very short walk away from a pretty sandy beach (one of the few sandy beaches in the islands as well!).
The air con works well and makes sleeping easy, there are also excellent shutters if you need darkness to sleep well (I do!).
We had some very noisy neighbours for a couple of nights but luckily they left after 2 nights. I always recommend ear plugs anyway, wherever you go.
There is WiFi but it is not so reliable, so if it is very important for you keep it in mind. I used mobile data when I needed to connect to the internet.
We had a buffet-style breakfast and dinner.
I personally enjoyed breakfast a lot and found that there was a big variety of food.
Dinner was not so varied maybe but the quality was good. I stayed in hotels which offered more in terms of quantity but less in terms of quality.
Our rooms had lovely view on the sea, with pretty balconies. I think it's worth asking for rooms with view, it makes a big difference.
The staff was excellent. Always friendly and willing to help. I asked a lot of questions every day to waiters and receptionists about the island and things to explore and they gave me a lot of tips. If I have a chance to go to Chios again I will surely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend a room with view on the sea. The WiFi signal is not so strong so a lower floor close to reception might be better.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2017

This hotel is old. But not like bad old. It is like aged beautifully and elegantly old.

Clean rooms, good service. The breakfast staff were overwhelmed on busy days though, but still, it is great to feel like Fransisco Scaramanga, walking down the pool side of this hotel.

Location is great too.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ICS-PR
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is ok. I was here 10 years ago for a different event and this seemed to be the "it" hotel. Well much like the time, the status of this hotel seems to have remained in the past. It could definitely use some modern upgrades as some newer and more developed hotels have opened in the area to compete. I just wish I knew about the other hotels. But for the budget and the amount of time I stayed this was just as fine as well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina T
Reviewed December 29, 2016

If you plan to visit Chios for a few days, this hotel will serve you well. It's location is not far away from the main town of Island Chios. Just located on Golden Beach in Karfas one of the best beaches in island.

Rooms decorations are a little bit older and beds must be changed immediately as they are not comfortable to sleep. Breakfast could be much better for a hotel in island.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2016

It was a nice hotel, great location, wonderful seaview, and very nice swimmingpool..But the very bad conditions rooms and bathrooms. It was pretty old and ugly. Hotel stuff were friendship. But anyway I am recommended. There was a wifi but it didnot work in the room. Breakfast was wonderful...

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple