1,600 results
All reviewsdifferent themebeach restaurantsea weedrooms are comfortablepraslin islandla diguethe general managerst pierrelive musicour honeymoonperfect settingpalm treesbreakfast and dinnerbeach chairsdive centrebeautiful beachfish
Reviewed January 28, 2008

i have been to seychelles many times because my husband is from there,and what a great idea we had to go there,the beach was amazing,the rooms very clean and cozy,the staff was realy nice to us and the food was really good too,the only thing i could complain about is the fact that there is no television in the room.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank sojesa
Reviewed January 4, 2008

My family and I traveled for our Christmas Holiday in Dec 2007. The welcome was nothing to rave about. No special greeting! The accomodation was beautiful and very clean. The service was alright, average. The meals could have been a bit more various and nothing too spectacular.

For the 5 days that we were there, the pool just got dirtier and dirtier. It's filteration systems was broken. Only on the day we were leaving, did they do anything about it.

Then there was the beautiful sea. Very calm. Almost fake looking because it was so beautiful. However, at Paradise Sun, their beach has major sand fleas...and a lot of the hotel guests had been bitten badly. My husband was, unfortunately, one of the individuals that was effected. We ended up taking him to the doctor. The kids and I had gotten bitten by the fleas too, but not as bad as my husband.

Overall, as beautiful as the Hotel is, they can up the service, the food and the cleanliness!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank thedragondragon
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We arrived after a 10 hour flight and the short flight to Praslin at Paradise Sun and were welcomed with fresh juice and hand towels, much needed and appreciated, checking in was easy and our luggage was taken to our room, Room 53, right on the beach front and we had paid for a deluxe room which I now think was so worth it. Most Deluxe (10 rooms) were close to the beach and had a separate seating area, 2 arm chairs and very comfy sofa and a massive bathroom, his and hers sinks, roll top bath and separate toilet, so we were impressed, saw the standard room on the last day when we had to shower and the only place to sit was the bed and rooms were quite small! Service was all round very good, I was concerned after reading some reviews but here is my thoughts:

Staff - All extremely friendly and helpful, particularly as I often didn't fancy what was on the lunch menu and soup and tomato pasta was made for me!

Cleaning of Rooms - this was our only gripe, bed linen was meant to be changed every 2 days (we stayed 12 nights and it was only done twice! and attention to cleaning such as drinking glasses left at bedside, We did mention to reception on the last day as we were unaware of the linen changes and she said put the comments on the questionnaire (oh so helpful) Overall state of the rooms they were clean but I imagine everyone does has different standards!

Food - 7 different themes each night of the week for dinner, good choice of spicy and non spicy food, fresh fish, chicken, steak, lamb even goat one night! Roast night on Sun was my favourite - with english shepperds pie!!! Starters and Desserts - good variety

Entertainment - Daytime there were daily activities available some free such as coconut demo, shell making, sunset cruise and paid for such as snorkelling (25 euro) and cycling and walking tours. Evening - different bands/singers and traditional event Fri night, after 12 days tho got a little sameish! Personally I prefer to organise my own daytime activities so I think it was more aimed at the European clients as most staying in the hotel were from Italy and France where perhaps its more popular.

Trips- We booked through Creole Travel Services - very professional and you can pay via euro/credit card/sterling etc good choice of trips - group or private and although quite expensive were worth the money and the guides were extremely experience (Gemma from Creole took us to La Digue and she was so knowledgable) Three Island Tour plus Anse Lazio and Vallee de Mai - the last trip you could get a Taxi and do on your own.

Location - Hotel I think was on one the best beaches stretched for miles and hard sand so easy to take a stroll right along the Cote D'or and close 5 mins to the shops - Water was 4 euro in hotel and in the local shop opposite sovenir shop was 48 rupees which was approx 5 Euro for 6 bottles of the same plus it sold beers (seybrew!) There were stray dogs on the beach, but didn't cause trouble just wanted shade under the sunbeds, saw little evidence of dog fouling and only heard them bark once!

Points to note:

No room service (layout doesn't really lend itself)
Beach service at sun beds (drinks and food)
12.30 - 3pm - lunch
Telephone - 1.50 Euro a minute to Europe
No TV or newspapers
Free Internet Access
TV - Big Screen in TV Lounge

Overall recommend the hotel and would return, great views, good food and good location to access around the island but for 4* hotel I did think room service and more access to food out of hours would be expected, they did say they are upgrading the reception area and adding TV's next year possibly! Value for money I think it was!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple