2,720 results
All reviews main restaurant half board beach bar sea view kids club main pool mini bar family room aquila rithymna large hotel waiter service themed nights thomson rep buffet restaurant evening entertainment all inclusive package the main block
Reviewed July 19, 2018

We have been to this hotel for the past 3 years. Location is beautiful. Food is outstanding. All staff work very hard. We had a wonderful time.
We went last month for 10 nights. There was a security issue where a group of 6 young men got onto the private beach and took a large golden blow up swan which belonged to a resident. When security went up to them to get it back they wouldn't surrender it. They got out the water and surrounded the security guard. They sent the security guard on his way. Eventually the lifeguard saw them off the beach. It was a police matter. They burst th swan and thought nothing about it. Security need to take action if they cannot handle it themselves.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amelia W
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for once again choosing Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for writing your wonderful review.

I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and to learn that you found all our services and amenities to be exactly what you have every right to expect, is extremely pleasing indeed. I will certainly be sharing your fabulous review with my whole team as they too will be pleased to learn that their efforts have been very much appreciated. On behalf of us all, thank you for your very kind comments.

Your comments concerning the apparent incident on the beach will be discussed with our security team, and of course if we can improve on any areas we certainly will.

It is our pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you and having the pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, the room clean and the service perfect.
The main pool is big with a lot of sunbeds available if you get there early enough, the beach is very big and quiet.
The animation team is amazing, always active and with positive attitude.
They propose many activities without being pushy, we had a wonderful time with them and we want to personally thank all of them:
The fitness girls Dimitra, Klara and Benedecta, the sportmen Richie, Alexandro and Giuseppe, Michaela who entertained our teenage daughter and Ludovica who was our son’s favourite. A great team well managed by Diego “Robin Hood”, what a showman!
Thank you to all Aquila staff!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank marc919191
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday. My team, in particular those you have taken the time to personally mention, will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations in every way and I am sure they would wish for me to thank you personally for your kind comments on their behalf.

It was our great pleasure to host you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

very pleasant hotel and very well managed. enjoyed very much our holiday, staff very helpful and very pleasant, variety of food restaurants, a typical greek coffee shop and good entertainment will certainly return back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elswefys
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your excellent review.

I was delighted to learn that you loved our hotel and your time with us.. Our aim at the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel is to ensure that our guests receive a first class service and it is wonderful to receive such a positive, personal recommendation, one which we highly value and appreciate.

Please be assured that your praise has been shared with the whole of my team and I am sure they would ask me to pass on their thanks to you. It means a great deal to my team and I to know that our efforts have been appreciated.

It was a great pleasure to host you and thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at the Aquila Rithymna for the past week and we have had such a wonderful time I am writing this from our hotel balcony on the last night of our stay to make sure I post a review before we get back to our busy lives and we no doubt forget. Much of what I was going to say has already been said by others in recent posts so I won’t go in to much detail on things like food (fantastic service and standard in all restaurants, though the buffet was a bit ‘Groundhog Day’ after a few nights), pool (one massive pool and two smaller pools - large kids section in the big pool and a huge number of sun loungers so no problem getting one before 10am), rooms (clean and comfortable), beach (a bit pebbly) and clientele (mostly Northern European - Scandinavian, Russian, German and French). The hotel is most definitely a family hotel which was absolutely perfect for us with two young children but I’m not sure it would be so good for people without children, particularly during school holidays. What I really wanted to say though was a huge thank you to the whole Aquila Rithymna team for helping to make our family vacation such a lovely experience. As many have mentioned here previously, the staff are what really make the hotel such a fantastic place and whilst they were all amazing we wanted to say a very special thank you to the staff at the kids club, in particular Leoni and Antonia in the Crèche Club who were absolutely incredible settling our reluctant 2yo in to give Mum and Dad a break for a few hours in the mornings, and to Julia in the Kids Club who our 5yo fell in love with. He loved the kids club so much he didn’t want to leave of an evening and wanted to rush breakfast every morning to get back there! A special mention also to Damien the pool lifeguard for being so great with our 5yo everyday. Thank you all again, we will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank L0nd0nBlue
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful holiday and we thank you very much for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel.

I am very pleased that our hotel fulfilled all of your holiday needs. Your positive comments regarding our staff have been greatly appreciated and your particular comments regarding Leoni, Antonia, Julia and Damien have been fedback directly to them so that they are fully aware of what a fantastic job they are doing and so they know what a positive impact they had on your overall holiday enjoyment ! We are always very appreciative of all feedback we receive and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Thank you once again for choosing the Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I booked this hotel through Tui. It wasn't a budget price but neither was it expensive. We had it in our heads that it would be a standard hotel with a comfortable room and decent food. It was much more than this. Yes, the room lived up to my expectations but the food was surprisingly tasty, plenty of it and very varied with some nice local Cretan food. The hotel faces on to its own private beach with parasols and loungers provided free of charge (a first for me!). The hotel also provided beach towels free of charge which could be exchanged for clean ones as often as you want. There were a choice of pools if you didn't fancy the beach. There was entertainment every night which was certainly worth watching. The hotel also organised a cocktail party for all Tui guests where we were met by senior hotel staff including the General Manager. This was not a Tui initiative - it was the hotel which treated us. A very nice touch I thought. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful and all spoke very good English. You will not find many UK guests at this hotel - they seem to be mainly German, Scandinavian, French and Eastern European. The hotel is local to shops and restaurants if you prefer to look outside of the hotel. Rethymnon is the nearest town which is a 20 minute bus ride. The bus stop is right outside the hotel and it will cost you €1.80. This town is well worth a visit and has a marvelous Venetian fortress. The hotel is 40 years old and is starting to show its age in places but it was spotlessly clean and I would not hesitate to go back there again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ianburn
General M, General Manager at Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that we exceeded your expectations.

It is always our priority to ensure that our valued guests are provided with the best possible service and experience whilst with us, and to learn that our guests have thoroughly enjoyed their time with us, is extremely rewarding indeed. I will certainly be sharing your very complimentary comments with the rest of my team who, together with me, would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to write such wonderful review.

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday time with us at the Rithymna Beach Hotel, and I certainly hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Kindest Regards