“Don't be deceived by the name foodies”
Review of Whisky Boy

Whisky Boy
Ranked #7 of 114 Restaurants in Noosaville
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

A friend told us about this place, I have always been put off by the name!! It sounds like a whisky tasting bar but it refers to whisking something apparently, go figure!! Anyway we decided to try it , the chef here is seriously on top of his game. We decided to share two entrees one we chose is my dish of the year, it was a giant prawn wrapped in potato string and deap fried with lots of other goodies on the plate, absolutely delicious!!! The other entrée was Spanish sardines with caper berries (yum) My Wife ordered steak medium rare and he cooked it to perfection, I ordered the slow cooked lamb shoulder on fried sprezel, my only comment is it needs a sauce to make it perfect. We will be back for sure

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

It was a Monday evening and this place was heaving! They only had one wait staff and he was doing doing an exceptional job considering he had to cover at least 25 customers spread over 8 or 9 tables!
Since I was flying solo I thought a Monday night visit would be the best time to sample Whiskey Boy but I was pleasantly surprised that this strip on Gympie Terrace was busy with patrons.
I sampled the pork tacos as well as the fish fritters with a glass of Rabbit Ranch Pinot.

Well worth the visit and well worth all of the positive accolades. Kudos to the kitchen as well as I saw only 2 chefs and 1 waiter the entire evening.
Definitely a place to visit again.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Excellent, prompt & friendly service, interchangeable menu to cater for gf, and a beer/wine list to suit everyone.

We called in on the first of our walking tapas day (also see iS for the third venue - Noosa tavern as our second, but not worth reading really), the guy serving us was passionate about what he serves and the chicken liver Pate & sardines went down a treat.

Can't fault it! Cheers guys!

1  Thank FuudTrip
Reviewed November 2, 2017

This is a higher end eating option, but were really good catering to families (only one high chair, but thats one more than I expected).
The staff were unbeatable, remembering returning customers, friendly and patient.
We ordered a large number of the starters to share rather than the large items, and more than enough food.
Good selection of drinks and excellent cocktails.
Kids meals, at $17, were very good.

1  Thank bgboyle
Reviewed October 9, 2017

A group of us went after stumbling across this lovely little whiskey bar in Noosaville, Ben the waiter was keen to teach the uninitiated whiskey drinker (me) about whiskey and see if he could find one that I liked. The food was absolutely amazing in every way and the chef was more than happy to assist with our gluten intolerant member. The desserts made your mouth water and even though we were all full we couldn't stop eating. Loved it so much we even took home a platter of share food for our dinner later that night. Love to go back again if we're back up that way.

3  Thank JodieB82