All reviews perfect place to stay tea and coffee facilities guest house high standard good size comfortable bed stayed here great location pamela key fridge pillows hosts tv shower sea
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Bay Lodge for one night, and would have happily extended my stay! Pam and Alan are warm and welcoming hosts - making the lodge feel immediately homely. They also were present to welcome me upon my arrival at the lodge. The Minnis Bay promenade is within view, just a short walk up the road (being someone who loves photography, this was perfect for popping out to catch the incredible Minnis Bay sunset.)
The rooms have everything you could need - a flat screen tv with Netflix, USB plug points, shampoo, soaps, tea, coffee, biscuits, treats, and more. On top of that, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the showers are fantastic - definitely something to look forward to after a day out. I would highly recommend choosing Bay Lodge for a stay along the beautiful English coastline. Along with being perfect for a relaxing and enjoyable stay - the historical coastal town of Margate is just a few minutes away, and I felt spoilt for choice with options for a meal out in the evening.

The lodge has definitely earned its place as (truly) the best and most comfortable lodge I have stayed at as of yet.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Alan J, Owner at Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to Bay Lodge in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and i stayed here in September and i have to say it exceeded our expectations. Alan and Pamela were incredibly warm and friendly, and made it feel like home. The room was beautiful, lots of plug sockets with USB slots, so helpful! Good selection of tea, etc and chocolates! Bathroom had a good size shower and looked so moderna nd stylish. I'm usual a critical person but honestly can't find any faults here. Perfect place to stay in Birchington. Would and will 100% stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Alan J, Owner at Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for your great review.
We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

My husband and I stayed for one night.Friendly helpful owners,Beautiful room,comfortable bed,Internet,Tv,Coffee, tea,biscuits,chocolates,towels,shower gel provided.Close to the beach.Would highly recommend this establishment .

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2017

I stayed here for the May bank holiday weekend with my boyfriend and mum for a family wedding in Canterbury.

We were warmly greeted by Alan and Pamela at the door and shown to our rooms immediately. It's a beautiful lodge a 15 minute walk from Birchington-on-sea train station (one straight road) and less than 5 minutes from the sea front.

The lodge is newly built and beautifully kept. The rooms are incredibly clean, spacious and very cosy. The bed was very comfortable, plenty of pillows and additional blankets if needed. The en-suite bathroom was utterly gorgeous and the shower was so amazing we're considering re-doing our bathroom just to have the shower! There was a kettle and an assortment of refreshments provided. Alan and Pamela had very kindly put together a short but very helpful information pack with instructions for the tv and recommendations for the local amenities.

Along the sea front is a cafe (waves) which is dog friendly (very exciting as we are animal lovers) and we were lucky enough to have nice weather which enabled us to have breakfast outside with the beautiful view. Next to it is a newly refurbished pub/bar that serves food however I wouldn't recommend anything as little as a drink here.

If you venture 10 minutes into the town you will find a lovely high street with an assortment of restaurants and shops as well as the oldest pub in Birchington. We decided to eat in the 'tandoori nite' and we couldn't recommend it enough if you're staying at the lodge.

Alan and Pamela could not have been more welcoming and accommodating for us. They are a lovely couple with a beautiful lodge - ideal if you need a small break away or are in the surrounding area's for any reason and need a room.

We will certainly be coming back to the Bay lodge.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Bay Lodge was a perfect find for us, even though it was just an overnight stay. Alan and Pam were extremely welcoming. The room was very clean, bed was comfy and the shower was brilliant. It's a bit tight in the ensuite, in terms of room space, but manageable.

Perfect location, being so close to the beach and walking distance to the Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie (which I highly recommend).

The only issue we had was a neighbouring guest who had little regard for others at 11:15pm.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple