All reviews personal butler butler service our honeymoon private pool the general manager day bed resident manager once in a lifetime absolute privacy coconut water main pool paradise island a wonderful stay four seasons whole team signature villa sushi
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Unbeatable and stunning views, personalized butler service that Saya was taking care of our stayed was beyond expectation, felt very welcome with the serviced from all departments from the day we arrived untill we've checked out. The GM was personaly welcomed us. The spa situated in open area and most amazing massage ever had, the quality of the foods and cocktails at the beach bar was very tasty with genuine service from restaurant staff, also the resort manager approached us personaly to makesure we are having good time. Recomended the most private villa is 206

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darma U
LionelF424, General Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Darma U,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your experience at MAIA on TripAdvisor.
It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall experience including the massages, quality of our kitchen and the cocktails, together with the private unobtrusive Butler experience.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at MAIA in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 29, 2018

From the start of our contact with Maia, the service was exceptional. We not only wanted a holiday, but we were looking to get married and have a honeymoon. Vanessa the wedding organiser at Maia made this a stress-free experience and arranged everything to perfection. Not only this but I am also pregnant, being almost 6 months pregnant at the time of our arrival. They went above and beyond in this regard, thinking of everything without being asked such as food requirements and organising non-alcoholic champagne for me - a lovely touch! I’ll also add we only booked with 2 months to go so they did this all so quickly too!

We organised transport from the airport to the resort and this is highly recommended as we got fast track through passport control and received a professional and excellent journey service. We arrived at the resort to be greeted by Vanessa and the hotel manager at the entrance without even having to give our names, they knew exactly when to expect us after a long flight from the uk, escorting us to our villa to meet our personal butler.

The villa (206) was incredible and always immaculate with wonderful beach views, seclusion and wonderful outdoor infinity pools, sunken bath, dining area and day bed outside. Waking up we had a magnificent view of the sea and coast line from bed. Our butler Ari was outstanding, he was so helpful and friendly and nothing was too much for him from arranging our meals (incredible food!) in the villa, setting us up a spot on the beach with beds and cold drinks, and running us amazing baths in the evening. He decorated the villa while we were getting married with flowers and candles and provided us a wonderful dinner on our own balcony, just us! He balanced being on hand to help us with giving us space and privacy, we cannot give enough thanks to Ari, he’s amazing!

The staff made us feel like VIPs - they ALL knew who we were, our names, that we are expecting a baby and that we were there to get married - it felt so personal! Our wedding was incredible - a beautiful arch and flowers were set up on the beach (which was very quiet and we felt like the only people there) and the chef made the most stunning cake for us. We had a wonderful photographer who captured it all perfectly. This was all organised seamlessly by Vanessa - massive thanks to her! Lionel the manager also attended and sent us photos he’d taken which was another lovely and personal touch! He was also brilliant and very friendly and caring throughout our stay, even seeing us off personally at 6am along with our butler Ari when it was our departure day.

To sum up - we’ve travelled far and wide but this place topped the lot, a truly magical experience neither of us will forget, I cried when we left! Thank you Maia! Alexandra and James x

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexandra C
LionelF424, General Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear Alexandra C,

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you and James for choosing MAIA to celebrate such an important celebration in your life.
It was an absolute privilege for us to host you and we are very happy that you will keep very fond memories of your wedding in the Seychelles.
I will share your comments with our team and specially Ari and Vanessa, they all make us very proud by the level of passion and commitment they showcase, delivering intuitive service to our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of MAIA we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again for the 1 year anniversary with baby.

Kind regards.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We decided to spend our honeymoon in the Seychelles, and Maia was one of the properties we decided to stay in.

To start off, it was a surreal experience - from the butler (Gusti - pardon if this is spelled incorrectly) who was there right away when we needed him, and made us feel comfortable without being intrusive at all.

Views in the property were breathtaking, and it was well maintained and was very serene.

If I were to point out something that I didn't like about the stay was the food - they have the 'whenever, whatever' thing going on where you can ask for any food you want supposedly (aside from select few that aren't included such as Wagyu Beef, Caviar, etc.), but they weren't able to make most of the requests I had (it was Indonesian dishes - which is my favorite cuisine). So, I had to settle for more basic dishes which were pretty okay, but I was expecting more than okay.

The weather was not so great either when we traveled (it was rainy season, unfortunately), so we weren't able to go diving which was included in the package.

Overall, the service & the property itself superseded my disappointment with the food and not hesitate to give it a 5/5.

It's an experience me & my wife will never forget. Hope to be back soon!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChayXZhel

Dear ChayXZhel,

Thank you for your very positive comment on TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to welcome you at MAIA, and see how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Gusti is a very experienced Butler and goes beyond the extra mile for all his guests in a very discreet way.
With regards to the Nasi Goreng, we have many Indonesian staff who help prepare this dish, respecting the tradition, and I am terribly sorry you didn’t find it to your satisfaction.
Our chefs are always ready for a challenge, and sometimes require a little anticipation in order to source the correct ingredients to ensure the final delivery is perfect.
I really appreciate you sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you again at MAIA for great Indonesian cuisine.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 25, 2018

We visited as a couple with a one year old. I read all the reviews before we went and also before writing my comments just now and agree with much of what has been written in terms of the generally positive comments. I therefore wish to make only a few specific points, which I wish I had seen before I booked.

1. We have been to Maldives several times before and wanted to try Seychelles for something different. We concluded after our stay that we had wished we had gone to Maldives after all, and probably won't go back to Seychelles again. Why? You step out the front gate of the resort in Seychelles and you are in a 3rd world African country. Resorts in Maldives on the other hand are man made and picture perfect. Look up on google the comparative visitor numbers of the two, its quite telling.

2. We were very disappointed when we arrived, we felt we had entered a 3 star hotel, it looked quite shabby. We expected ""wow!!". So much so that we called our agent and asked to be rebooked somewhere else, which in the event was impossible as it was a busy time of year. Another couple we met there told us that they had the same first impression. Having said this, we were told its the best hotel in Seychelles by a number of people and stayed, and by the end of our stay we appreciated Maia for all the reasons outlined in previous reviews below. "Shabby" became "jungle rustic" in our minds in the end. We visited both the Four Seasons and Banyan Tree for a meal during our stay and Maia is definitely better than both of them.

3. While others' seem to have liked it, we found the butler service a bit intrusive, and would have preferred a more impersonal service. She took an excessive liking to our child, which we grew to resent by the end of the week. Our butler continues to monitor my wife's instagram pictures today, which is a bit creepy.

I note that Lionel the GM of the hotel replies to all reviews. I discussed point 2 with him in detail at the time and he said he was happy to cancel my booking without payment if I wished to go elsewhere. He knew how were feeling and as such he personally went out of his way by way of daily interactions to make sure we had a good time, which by the end we most certainly did. He is highly experienced industry professional and a terrific person and am sure he would deal with any guest concerns in the same manner as he did with us.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LondonBanker
LionelF424, General Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear LondonBanker,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor,

It was a pleasure to meet you. I’m glad that your stay with us was pleasant and thank you for the positive comments about the quality of the food & our special “jungle rustic” feeling.
I am glad that I could be, with the rest of the team, of assistance to make your stay comfortable, and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback..

I was disappointed to read about the Butler experience mainly because it is something that we could have very quickly fixed while you were in house. Our Butlers are trained to go the extra mile for our guests, and having a dedicated butler service does not mean it should be intrusive. Our guests can easily advise their dedicated Butler of the times they need anything, and remain in privacy the rest of the time. Travelling with a small child can be stressfull, our guests usually appreciate that our Butler offers assistance so you can enjoy some relaxing moments. I apologize if this made you feel uncomfortable.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, and this certainly helps our future guests to understand better what MAIA delivers. The resort has been hidden completely into the lush vegetation of the Seychelles , and our acclaimed architect has decided to use a lot of wood and keep our decoration simple and elegant, in order for our guests to be in communion with nature from the moment they step inside their Villa. Our Key service being the Butler service, they will adapt to their guests and be as present or as discreet as our guests require.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2018

From the arrival greeting and express processing to the departure, we felt that we were the only ones that mattered to the staff. Food was excellent. This is an all inclusive, which includes unlimited dives (by a diveshop a few miles away), and everything is else is pretty much included... when you choose something that is not included, like special wines, they will inform you.

The only bad experience was that we had a lot of laundry after traveling in Africa, and as we didnt find a pricelist in the laundry basket, we incorrectly assumed that laundry was also included... well, that cost us more than $300 and it should have been noted by our PA. Alas, we know for next time.

The Diving outfit was pretty good, not the best time to dive (August), but really nice coral reefs very close nearby. Only potential issue was that you could get lots of other guests from different places, so I guess it can get crowded.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LionelF424, General Manager at MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Andal03,

On behalf of the team and I, I would like to thank you for such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was a real pleasure for us meet you, and see you enjoyed every part of your stay with your dedicated Butler, together with the attention to detail from our team, and the quality of food delivered.

I apologize for the fact that you were not informed about the laundry costs, this should have been communicated to you by your Butler prior to sending the laundry.
MAIA Beyond All Inclusive offering includes food, a wide selection of beverages, all the scuba diving explorations (for PADI certificated divers) and the non-motorized water sport, other services such as spa, laundry and premium items are chargeable.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again for a great experience, and better sea conditions.

Kind regards,