“Best bakery in Kanata!”

La Maison du Kouign-Amann
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Kanata
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I moved to Kanata recently and I was looking for a local bakery for a birthday. A friend heard about a new French bakery that had opened. We were not disappointed and continue to visit for baguettes, bread and for special occasions tarts, croissants etc. You can also buy frozen items such as croissants which is a great idea!

1  Thank Diane T

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

A little pricy but worth it. I recomend the almond croisant as its filled with marzipan.

If in kanata north definately stop and try this bakery out.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Lucky for us (right around the corner from work) but not so lucky for my jeans (filling food :-)

Quite delightfully filling. Our 'go to' place for food in Kanata for lunch. Wonderfull sandwiches. And we usually end up picking up a little something else when we are there.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

What wondrous selections of pastries greeted me when I walk through their door at one of Kanata's newest bakery, La Maison du Kouign-Amann! All my senses beginning with 'sight' were working! Seeing fresh pastry lined up nicely behind the display case was only second to my sense of 'smell'! There were all kinds of fancy items to suit everyone! The fragrance smell of freshly baked products, including bread and coffee greet me, as you pass through the threshold of La Maison Du Kouign-Amann. Only a week ago, I had my first taste of their food and I was completely sold!
Prior to this summer, I have never heard of the bakery. Then one day, I noticed a number of professional signs posted on some boulevards in the neighbourhood stating that there is a new bakery in the Kanata area. The instructions to find the bakery that I got, was that it was "tucked right behind the daycare on Carling Ave, not far from March Road. I have my wife to thank for finding the bakery in the industrial area of Kanata North. The bakery is not a large place; but once you enter and taste their baking; you would want to come back like myself!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Fran has been selling her delicious "Kouignettes" (miniature versions of Kouign-amann - mouth-watering Breton butter/puff pastry-esque tarts) at the Carp Farmers Market for some time, and now she's got a brick-and-mortal location in this industrial area in Kanata. EVERYTHING is amazing, they do not mess around with the quality of their ingredients (i.e. 100% butter, no shortening) and the presentation is beautiful. Be warned, if you come thinking you might only buy a treat or two, you might walk out with a $30 bill instead.... but it's totally worth it.