All reviews other guests charming place majorda beach lovely portuguese home away from home house is beautifully decorated entire place wonderful hosts the entire staff breakfast menu is spacious room relaxing stay guest house charlotte simon ooty india
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Myself and a few friends stayed in this lovely Portuguese Villa for just 1 night. We loved the swimming pool and the design and layout of the villa. We stayed in The Chummery and Ooty which were both great rooms, with really comfortable beds. It is very close to Majorda beach which has a nice calm sea and white sand. Vivenda dos Palhacos is perfect for a relaxing stay in the South of Goa.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Me and my wife were here for a few days to celebrate her birthday. First of all, this is a home-stay and not a usual hotel; so guests need to get their expectations straight. If you check their website, they have very transparently mentioned that there are no TVs or phones in the rooms. In fact, if you need something, you need to get out of the room, go to a common area where they've placed a desk call bell and ding it to summon the genie who will fulfill your wishes, not limited to 3. There's also an air horn on the wall next to it, just in case.

We stayed at The Chummery, which is a pretty spacious room with two verandas. It is right next to the pool, and the staff was kind enough to serve our meals by the poolside itself. Food is good, although the service felt slow at times. But again, this is not your usual hotel and it's not fair to complain about that.

We couldn't meet Simon as he wasn't in Goa at the time. However, Charlotte was a wonderful host and we really enjoyed all those late-night conversations with her. She went out of her way to celebrate my wife's birthday; arranged a candle-lit dinner by the poolside, even joined us later for a few drinks and got a delicious cake from a local bakery in Majorda. She made the whole thing so memorable, even came to see us off herself and gave me a beautiful hand-written note as a reminder of something we had talked about. It was all very heartwarming.

Lastly, one thing that most guests would find useful is that the property is pet-friendly and they have a couple of dogs, including 2 basset hounds, who might join you while you're eating or taking a dip in the pool, pretty much like having a pet at home. This is good news unless you're someone who doesn't like dogs, or worse, if you're cynophobic. To quote Charlotte, "People who come to stay here, have to learn how to like dogs." And she was right. Honestly, I'm not much of a dog person myself, but that might have changed slightly after staying at Vivenda dos Palhaços.

Room tip: Their website has ample info about the rooms and how they're styled
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank niveshjain09
Reviewed February 21, 2018

This place is very beautiful, good food and lovely hosts. It is perfect if you are looking for a stop over near the airport, but also great to hang out a few days! I wou,d definitely reccomend this place to families, couples or people who travel alone.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Lieke V
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

I had a few days off in India during a business trip and decided to use them on a trip to Goa. Even though the monsoon hadn't quite finished this part of the country was utterly beautiful- so green and wonderful!
I found Vivenda through various recommendations and am so happy that is where I stayed. The staff were beyond helpful- the ride to the beach on my first day was very useful and the staff member who took me very kind.
I ate my dinners in the house and they were delicious! Zeebop and martins corner were not far away and good for lunch too.
The room was comfortable and I had everything I could possibly need.
Goa has made a lasting impression on me and a large part of that will be down to the wonderful service at Vivenda. I would highly recommend an enjoyable stay here.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 17, age group 21 -90!
We booked the whole place and loved the location, the charming, well appointed old home,the lovely lounge,dining room, well decorated, comfortable rooms and the pool area. The staff was extremely helpful and the menus were thoughtfully planned keeping in mind various diet restrictions. The beach is just a km away and there are a few eating places a short walk away including Martin's Corner for fresh sea food. Charlotte was a very gracious hostess and the 3 dogs were a bonus for a dog lover. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: August 2017