“Superb food, excellent service, reasonable price”

Monkey Steakhouse & Restaurant
Price range: US$17 - US$69
Cuisines: American, Asian, Pizza, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: San Agustin's most privilage spot with an amazing terrace overlooking the cala-nova habour.Home-made cooking with love and care is what makes us different from the rest.Specialized in premium worldwide steaks on hot rocks,asian cuisine, gourmet pizzas and signature dishes.
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend Monkey to any British tourists visiting Cala Major, Majorca. The staff were very welcoming and spoke perfect English. The food was top notch and the atmosphere relaxed but feels high end. Full of locals too so that’s always a good sign! 5/5

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We tried two different types of meat, recommended by the waiter/owner himself. One of them was really delicious and the other one was also good. The meat litteraly melted in our mouths and the "cook it yourself" part was really appreciated. The meat is bought in grams. 400g of meat, chips and drinks for 34€ is a fair price for the quality of food and fast service.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We’re just back from Monkey as a large family group of 8 adults, 4 kids and 2 babies. So, we feel we’re a diverse group of ‘foodies’ but we don’t come without our food issues of a coeliac and two dairy and soya free babies. We went to Monkey because of the claims of gluten free etc. So, we arrived for our 7.30 booking and all seemed well. We’d been asked if we wanted inside or on the terrace and chose the latter, only to discover the menu states a 5% surcharge for that area. That’s ok, a rule is a rule!

The waiter came over to take our drinks order and I had two questions, what were their gluten free options and was there a kids menu. Answers to gf was ‘only the meat’ and the latter was nope, but we might have some chicken for the kids!! Good start? I think not!! The waiter was then in such a hurry he only took the drinks order for half our table. We asked another lady for the rest of the drinks and still we were short delivered.

On to the food!! Steak came along with hot rocks to self cook which was novel and quality was ok. Not great quantities but probably our fault as you order in grammes as priced per 100g. We’ve had many a steak in many a restaurant and this was no big deal nor anywhere near the best we’ve had. Kids shared some pizzas and nachos and the babies had some coated chicken which was delicious to be fair. We had a couple of curries, a prawn dish and a burger. All average.

Of the various things we ordered they had no green curry, not all the steaks we wanted, no full fat coke and no jack daniels.

All in all not our favourite meal in Cala Major. Sorry!!

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Only one thing bad-we wait food for 1h. But very nice experience to cook meat on stone. Very good meat!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This spot came up as having gluten free options. That is not quite the case but the waiters were helpful and I had the most Devine steak. They were unsure about the potato skins but I had a couple and I am happy to say I had no ill effects after. No dessert options available for me but I was happy with just a main. If your coelacanth and are happy with just steak options then I would highly recommend it.