“very good”

Price range: US$21 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2013

A good ambience and a lovely big outdoor terrace. The food is typically Italian, and great! I had super soup - real Italian comfort food. Prices are sensible and the waiter was friendly. Dont expect them to speak English. This is Italy!!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I had one meal, which was dinner, at Taverna Dei Frati and we ate inside on the second level. The place is authentic Italian, as is all of Soriano Nel Cimino, and cool. The atmosphere was comfortable and open with a bit of an echo. The place use to be a monastery. The service was pretty good even though the place was very busy. The food wasn't as good as I expected, for our first meal in Italy, but it was tasty. My pasta was a little too al dente for me, just a bit crunchy, but my wife's pasta was awesome. Of course, the wine was very good, and the lemon cello stuff, pretty good too! We had many better meals on our trip, but it was still very enjoyable.
KB

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Taverna is in what was once the main dining rooms of a monastery. Since we were there in July, we chose to sit outside on all of our visits.

The staff speak very little english. However, there is an English menu and if you gesture and smile, you'll get by just fine. Try the sampling menu for two. There is one with meat and another with fish. It is multiple courses of antipasti, ravioli, a gnocchi dish made only in Soriano, grass fed beeg, the best sausages you will ever taste, and dessert. The house wines are great and inexpensive. My 11 yr old son rated the pizza the best he had in Italy! We ate like Kings!

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Wonderful big italian family restaurant. Defintely need phrase book as no English spoken here. My husband most impressed with his 28oz steak!
Easy walk distance from the Palazzo which is just as well because the wine list is extensive!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Funghi Zuppe was sooooo good... set in the stables of an old monastery, you can feel the ages in the walls and vaulted celings. Outside seating has spectacular views. Wild Boar ragu and house wine, very affordable.