“Fabulous food, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Taverna dei Frati

Taverna dei Frati
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent a week in Soriano in September and ended up eating at Taverna four nights out of seven. The menu is huge and every single thing we tried was absolutely delicious! My only complaint is that I'm trying to learn Italian but they did their best to speak to me in English :)

Incidentally, their house wine is delicious!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Based in Soriano we were keen to try the local establishments. This one did not disappoint. With the very hot weather the outside terrace was ideal to enjoy an excellent meal. The house wine was both delicious and inexpensive and the food choices offered something for all palates, from pizza to more local specialities. The staff are extremely friendly although there is very limited English spoken, but with the help of a phrasebook we conversed as best as we could in Italian for which they seemed appreciative and we received what we ordered. We also ventured back later in the week for another meal and would recommend this is added to a list of venues.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We visited here on our first evening in Soriano as could see it from our apartment. First mistake was upon viewing the drinks menu I ordered what I thought was a glass of wine at 4.5 Euros and it was an entire bottle of extremely good red wine - one of the better mistakes I have made!! We sat outside in the terraced area on a Saturday night and the place was buzzing and alive with Italian families. Very authentic, the staff were fun, charming, food was great and it was a great start to our holiday.

2  Thank Claire4567
Reviewed 18 May 2013

A good ambience and a lovely big outdoor terrace. The food is typically Italian, and great! I had super soup - real Italian comfort food. Prices are sensible and the waiter was friendly. Dont expect them to speak English. This is Italy!!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I had one meal, which was dinner, at Taverna Dei Frati and we ate inside on the second level. The place is authentic Italian, as is all of Soriano Nel Cimino, and cool. The atmosphere was comfortable and open with a bit of an echo. The place use to be a monastery. The service was pretty good even though the place was very busy. The food wasn't as good as I expected, for our first meal in Italy, but it was tasty. My pasta was a little too al dente for me, just a bit crunchy, but my wife's pasta was awesome. Of course, the wine was very good, and the lemon cello stuff, pretty good too! We had many better meals on our trip, but it was still very enjoyable.
KB