All reviews palazzo catalani on site car park the bus top floor diamond resort in town cooking class chef roberto church bells walk up steep hill in advance your luggage day trip gelato no lift
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

What a pleasure it was to stay at Palazzo Catalina. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, spacious with everything you need to holiday comfortably. The view from the Palazzo is stunning. We so enjoyed the town with its friendly people. We felt right at home amongst little coffee shops, small markets and great Italian hospitality at the resort and the town ... everywhere we went. Not being able to speak Italian was never a problem. We drove around the whole region and thoroughly enjoyed all that the resort and the area around it had to offer.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Edsia
Reviewed September 6, 2018

This is a very old property that has been renovated and modernised internally where appropriate and very tastefully. Due to its location it would not be suitable for anyone with mobility problems due to the very steep access road. Our one bedroom apartment was located in the oldest part of the palazza and was very good. There was no air conditioning but free standing fans were provided which proved adequate due to the hill top location, The one meal we had in the restaurant was excellent but it is only open for evening meals. I highly recommend the spa area which includes sauna and a Jacuzzi and can be booked by the hour for exclusive use. The staff were always cheerful, friendly and helpful.
The only minor issues we had were the WiFi which dropped out regularly and the hot water which due to the lack of a circulation system and the distance from the water heater meant that we had to waste a considerable amount of time and water waiting for the hot water to arrive.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be noisy adjacent to the access road due to the 3 wheel mini pickup truck which screams in first gear to get up the hill.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjmason1949
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This is our second visit. We are actually Diamond Reorts owners and coming back to a resort is typically a good sign. Unfortunately we were disappointed on check in to not have an apartment with any outside space, we were spoiled last time we came when we had a small patio outside our front door. We are staying in a two bedroom unit. When I asked if we could be moved I was told that the resort was full. Slightly disappontied but it could have been made better if the receptionist had mentioned that one floor up there was a connection onto the terrace overlooking the town.

When I asked for a second key for the room, I was informed I could have one, as they had run out. I expect more especially when the room master electricity is controlled by the plastic key card. If I left the room I plunged my family into darkness! Getting to a point of running out of plastic room keys isn’t a good sign.

Most disappointing of all however was been asked for 1€ per day to use the in room safe. As an owner I pay over a €1,500 a year in maintenance fees and I have to pay a Euro a day to keep my possessions safe.

Sadly this will be the last time in visit this resort.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chancer67
Reviewed September 2, 2018

This was a lovely and relaxing base from which to explore Tuscany and other local sites. Although our suite was on the small side, it was comfortable. The best thing about this property is the staff. They are amazing; incredibly service-oriented and positive. Many thanks to Chiara and John-Paul, who were especially helpful. We also participated in most of the activities; historic town walk, winery tour and lunch with a local family. Each of these was excellent. We especially enjoyed the town walk from a local historian and the lunch with the gracious family that welcomed us into their home, along with Antonella, the lovely site manager. Another highlight is the gorgeous spa and the relaxing patio where you just feel all of your stress melt away as you gaze upon the castle and the town. We loved the air-raid sirens (once we knew what it was!) It is a bit of a hike to the hotel, but manageable. Thanks to the team for making our stay so pleasant and lovely.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hodgyhouse
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Palazzo Catalini is in an absolutely stunning setting with beautiful views across the tow of Soriano, The property is very traditional and maintained to a high standard. We were in a top floor apartment which was somewhat dark, but that is understandable with the age and construction of the building. Beautiful garden and fabulous restaurant.

Stayed: June 2018