All reviews brancion countryside provence montagne vines restaurant
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We stayed here on the way back from Provence. This hotel is a real find. Many hotels in Burgundy don't really try because they really don't have to. This is an exception. The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished, the staff are friendly and the restaurant is very good. A nice swimming pool too. A mile down the road is a lovely restored medieaval village and, as other reviewers have noted, the views are to die for.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We have just returned from a super four day stay at this amazing hotel, and cannot recommend it enough! Situated a little off the road, on a hill, in a beautifully peaceful spot, the view from our room was simply stunning - and I understand that all rooms have similar views. Miles and miles of vines unfold before you and the countryside rolls on seemingly forever to a hazy outline of mountains. Along this outline Mont Blanc can be picked out - albeit not clearly. Nestled in a hollow below is the pretty village of Martailly-Les-Brancion - a charming addition to the view.
The rooms are modern and comfortable, well set out and furnished. There is no air conditioning but given the full length, easily adjusted, electric (?) shutters, it. Is not too difficult to obtain a measure of coolness in the room.
The staff are friendly, efficient, and obliging. Nothing is too much trouble.
The dining room and terrace share the fantastic view as does, I think, the splendid pool -
I cannot vouch for the pool myself other than for its looks, but others in my party said it was excellent.
Food and menu was very good, as was the service.
This was a hotel difficult to leave - and I can say with certainty that if in the area again, this will be where I stay ..... indeed, it is entirely possible that I will be in the area again - simply to stay at la Montagne de Brancion!

Room Tip: ALL room ar good!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2017

A very amazing place! Fantastic. Peacful, clean, stylish, friendly, very good resturants. an amazing view from the room and every where in the hotel. the stuff and manager of the hotel are very welcoming and loveing people. one of my best ever (and i have been traveling...:)!

Room Tip: just take a look before choosing.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Staying here was worth it just for the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside (no one else seems to mention this).
The restaurant where breakfast and dinner is served has beautiful panoramic views - the best we encountered at hotels during 14 days of cycling in Burgundy.
The building itself is a little under inspiring so to me it made great sense to renovate in a modern style to let the views take precedence.
I enjoy a mix of style in accommodation when I travel and as the better hotels in Burgundy tend to be in a traditional, historic style it was refreshing to also stay in a hotel fitted out in a well thought out modern, trendy minimilistic way.
We were fortunate to have been given an upgrade and so had a spacious suite which was greatly appreciated. The bathroom and shower were well designed. As we were carrying minimal clothing in panniers I was unable to fit in a hair dryer so greatly appreciated the very good hair dryer (so often even very expensive hotels are let down by the provision of an inferior hair dryer that takes an eternity to dry your hair!)
We had cycled a fair distance concluding with a lengthy and for me an extremely grueling uphill ascent (I guess the name of the hotel should have alerted me to this possibility!) but it was well worth the effort to reach this quiet area with panoramic views - you felt like you were on top of the world.
We enjoyed a beer in the lobby (also with a panoramic view) and an excellent dinner accompanied by a nice bottle of local wine from Rully whilst watching the ever changing nature of the ski during the course of the evening. The breakfast the next morning was excellent.
When in Burgundy it is well worth a detour from more well known places to visit this area and I can highly recommend a stay at La Montagne de Brancion

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HMORGS1
Reviewed October 5, 2015

Superb
Peaceful location high on top of hill overlooking the vines and villages below. The 19 bedroom hotel has recently been tastefully refurbished in a bright modern manner. The service is relaxed, friendly and welcomingly casual in keeping with its upmarket boutique character. All rooms have views with the first floor offering slightly better views from their small balconies. Ground floor rooms have small terrace in front of each room. The standard bedroom was not large but everything was well set out and it was very comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms quiet to ensure a good night's sleep. Bathrooms are well designed with shower (large shower head) We liked the clean modern decor. Small touches like the swivel bed reading lights were well thought out.

The restaurant (see separate review) was excellent as was the breakfast.

There is a beautiful heated outside pool which unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy. Nicely planted external areas where you can sit and enjoy the fabulous views.

We will return again on one of our trips too and from our home in Provence.

Room Tip: All have views over vineyards. Best views on 1st floor, small terraces on ground. Your choice.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
brancion, Directeur général at La Montagne de Brancion, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2015

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
We thank you very much and were really happy to welcome you in La Montagne de Brancion. You're welcome when you like if you travel again through Southern Burgundy.
With our our kind regards.