“Best Host!!”

Popa Paradise Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isla Popa
Reviewed 10 May 2017

From the minute you arrive you see the correct sign " Welcome to Paradise" .We had a fantastic time at the Resort Max & Vince make it very special
Great food prepared by the chef (Cindy)...the dessert was amazing

Room Tip: Ocean bungalow is the best one
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorena A
Vincent R, Owner at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you so much for your visit and kind words - we hope to see you again soon!

Vince - owner

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Look no further! Popa Paradise is the absolute paradise. My boyfriend and I stayed here two weeks ago and it was great. Elena, Daniele and their team are the perfect hosts to make your stay heavenly seamless and fulfil your holiday dreams. Our casita was beautiful and the attention to detail throughout the whole resort was impeccable. From sun cream, to insect repellant, books, water sports equipment, table tennis and poole -you name it, all at your disposal. In this jungle heaven you feel so far removed from the real world yet all your wishes are granted! The freshly prepared food was fantastic and the endless cocktails were delicious. Highly recommend and what a pleasure. Grazie!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
PopaManagers, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear guests Stephenson,

Many thanks for the delightful review.

We and all the staff here thank you for choosing Popa Paradise as a place for your holiday, for having spent some days with us, and also for extending your time here. It is high praise when guests change their arrangements to spend more time here - the only thing that speaks louder is a return visit - something we hope you will consider.

Surely we will meet again. In the meantime, we wish you the best, and above all a safe and smooth return back home.

Hugs from Popa,

Elena and Daniele, and all the staff

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic time at Popa Paradise! Upon landing at Bocas Town airport, we were greeted by one of the managers. He arranged a quick car ride over to the boat, which took us straight to Popa Paradise (about 30 min). Many other Bocas area resorts offer water taxi service to the tune of about $150?! Not Popa Paradise. This is all included in the price.

You won't be surprised by a bunch of extra hidden fees to take you to and from activities. This resort is more of an upscale bed and breakfast feel, managed by an amazingly dedicated young Italian couple. The nightly cost is a bit higher than some of the other options in the area, but it is a true all-inclusive.

Unlimited alcohol, sodas, water, and some truly wonderful food thoughtfully prepared by highly skilled chefs. I contacted the resort in advance, because I like a specific type of vodka and also have dietary restrictions (no lactose or gluten). Upon arriving, I was greeted by the head chef who was excited to offer dairy and gluten-free alternatives for every meal. She even bought snacks and made some amazing chocolates deserts! Yes, dairy free chocolate deserts?! Many of the other guests began to try our "alternative" options because they were really THAT good! The resort had also purchased plenty of my requested brand of premium vodka, so I had lots of terrific tropical drinks. Again, ALL INCLUDED in the price.

We spent 10 days in one of the casitas. All accommodations have AC, refrigerators, balconies and high quality beds with big nets around them. This is common for the area and you'll be happy the nets are there when you're sleeping. I am very picky about my hotel rooms, and I was very impressed. You are in a remote jungle/beach area, so an occasional critter or bugs will come around. If you're that bothered by bugs and nature, then Bocas Del Toro may not be the destination for you. It's nicknamed "The Galapagos of the Caribbean" for a reason!

Don't listen to the negative reviews! The staff truly cares if you are having a great time and tries really hard to accommodate all of your desires. Just do yourself a favor and email them a few weeks in advance to discuss any of your deal-breakers. You are in a remote area, so it takes time to accommodate some requests. I was able to talk to the owner and managers to find the perfect room, at a rate that works for my budget. I am a demanding traveler who knows what he wants and Popa Paradise delivered! I found the staff to be very reasonable and accommodating. Popa Paradise is a true oasis!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Hola Mario,

What a wonderful surprise to find this review, some time after your stay. Thank you for thinking of us!

We are grateful to you for having described some important details concerning our resort, pointing out that when we speak of "All-Inclusive", we talk about it seriously, both for fairness and to avoid unpleasant surprises for guests. As you pointed out, we are truly All-Inclusive; even the 30 minute boat transfers from Isla Colon to Isla Popa (and back) are included in the price, for all guests staying here for at least three nights.

We never charge extra for reasonable special requests; nor for additional costs that may be involved in the preparation of special foods, for people with allergies or food intolerances, or who simply wish to follow a special diet. Speaking of food, we take this opportunity to remind readers that all dishes are prepared entirely by us from scratch, every day, providing a guarantee of freshness and variety.

Non-motorized water sports (snorkel, SUP, fishing, kayaking etc) are also gratis. The only additional costs to our guests relate to special services, such as tours, massages, and other outside services such as diving or fishing charters.

We feel proud to have made you two happy, made even sweeter when our collective efforts (the owners, managers, and staff working together) are recognized, after you have had a wonderful holiday.

You two feature in our fondest experiences at this place; we often talk about you, and we hope to meet you again someday.

Elena, Daniele, and the staff

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We arrived at the Bocas airport for a four day stay at Popa Paradise and we were greeted at the airport by Bernard who escorted us to the boat launch and took us on a fun 30 minute ride to Isla Popa and the resort. We we greeted by Elena, the manger, at the dock and treated to coconut refreshments, a brief overview, and an introduction to our beach side casita. We could see the calm ocean and sandy beach right in front of our private deck. We changed into our swimming suits and jumped into the warm water for a sunset swim. This was the place we were looking for, and it got better!

This resort is all inclusive, all meals, all drinks, kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, pool, club room, it is all included. Our meals were custom ordered and the food was excellent. The snacks and bar service were great. I asked for a glass of wine to take back to the room and Bengy, the bartender, asked, "why not take the whole bottle?"

We did things on our own time, stayed as long as we liked, no pressure.

Off island trips are extra. We visited a chocolate farm and factory with dolphin viewing on the way. It was a good half day trip and despite the personal service the cost was modest.
We recommend this small resort very highly for people looking for an island getaway with no pressure (limited phone or wifi), great beach and water, slow pace and friendly staff.

Room Tip: The Casita single buildings are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
PopaManagers, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear Guests,

It is a great pleasure to respond to your review, including not only the factual details of your stay, but also the impressions and feelings you came away with from your time here with us.

We love this paradise, and it is very satisfying whenever we learn that our guests have had a good holiday and experience on our island, surrounded by natural beauty.

Big hugs from both of us, and hoping to meet again soon,

Elena and Daniele

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights as a part of an individual tour. The hotel boat picks you up in Bocas Town or on the mainland and is included in the price. The room was very comfortable - ours overlooked the beach. The grounds are lovely and full of birds - we saw toucans, parakeets, woodpeckers, herons and numerous smaller birds. The food is individually prepared no choice and if you don't like what is on offer they ask you in the morning and you can you can change it. We actually change the tuna and had a different fish. I can't fault the whole place we loved it. A word of caution if you like snorkelling - they will take you on trips (extra cost) but if the sea has been rough as when we were the water is not clear enough to snorkel the nearby reef. Swimming is still OK though.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
PopaManagers, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear John,
Thank you so much for your review, and for taking the time to describe your experience at Popa Paradise. It was a great pleasure to meet you.

It would be wonderful if you could post in TripAdvisor (or email) some photographs of the birds that you observed during your stay; I'm sure these would be appreciated by other travellers and bird enthusiasts.

Thanks again for everything,

E & D

Reviewed 28 March 2017

This is the best resort I have EVER stayed and I've stayed at plenty all over the world. What makes this place so special is the attentive STAFF - all of them! I can't imagine a more romantic setting to enjoy the person you are with. If you are into golf, tennis and the like, this resort is not for you. If you enjoy the sound of waves, tranquility and a place to "decompress" then this is it. My gal loved it too!! We WILL be back!!

Room Tip: I know the best casita since we stayed in it - but I won't share - sorry!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
PopaManagers, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear guests Deborah and Richard,

We hope that the return trip home was good. We are very happy to receive your impressions of the days spent here with us, and your kind compliments - particularly about our hard-working staff. We will be sure to pass along your remarks, and we are confident that this feedback will be a motivation to strive to continually improve.

Thank you for having elected Popa Paradise for your vacation, and for accepting joyfully what the resort and our staff can offer. We are always happy when our guests find just what they are looking for, and can relax and have a good time.

It was funny to read that you do not want to communicate which is the best casita; presumably so it will be available when you return! We'll be sure to do that when you come see us again.

Until then, an affectionate hug from all of us - see you soon.

Elena and Daniele

Reviewed 26 March 2017

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Popa Paradise Resort at the end of February. We originally were planning on staying for 9 days, but we enjoyed it so much we extended out trip for 14 days. There were so many great things about this resort that, from the very beginning, made it a memorable trip.
We were greeted at the airport by the manager, Elena, who took us to a boat that would take us to the resort. It was a 30 minute ride and it was great to be on the water and to see the other islands on the way to the resort itself.
When we arrived at the resort, it was obvious that it was a place like no other that we had stayed at. It was secluded and away from the hustle of the town we just came from and a world away from Panama City, which is exactly what I had hoped it would be. We had fresh coconut water, upon arrival, and was told about some of the things that there were to do, and while there are no safes in the rooms, (as mentioned in previous reviews) we were more than welcome to keep any valuables in the office safe, if we so desired. During out stay, we never felt as though we had to worry about things in our rooms and the women that cleaned our "casita" were great in that they cleaned thoroughly, but did not re-arrange things like some hotel maids do, which I do not like. Of course, the sheets were changed frequently, soap, shampoo replaced daily and we had no issues with house keeping at all. Nice cotton robes and slippers were provided also.

Our room, or rather, our separate bungalow, as all rooms are separated so it is like having your own little house, was number 6 which was right on the beach, so at night we could leave our screens open and hear the ocean and wake up to see the ocean immediately, which was great for deciding whether to paddle board before breakfast. Our porch was completely private as are the others which gave you great privacy and was nice to sit on and have drinks or read a book. There were no mosquitos that I was bitten by and the only need for bug spray was at night with little tiny flies, but the resort supplied many different types of spray for free. Our bed had a mosquito netting all around and above it which was very romantic, but we never encountered any bugs in our room or were bit by any during the night.

The food was delicious and was prepared fresh to your preference. Breakfast was whatever you wanted, and the banana walnut pancakes were particularly memorable, as was the large variety of fresh fruit. The staff is very attentive and my coffee cup and water was never empty and during out stay, we were constantly being asked if we needed anything, or wanted anything to drink or snack on. The cocktails, particularly the virgin marks that my husband drank were made to order and were delicious, as was a fresh pina colada. The chef always came out to make sure we were happy with our food and to talk to us about what we wanted for our next meal. Cindy, the chef, was always accommodating our requests, happily, and it was easy to see how passionate she was about preparing and making some of the most delicious food we have had at any resort. From fresh fruit, to pancakes, to delicious chicken over salad green, filet mignon and even great shrimp and pasta that I thought was perfectly prepared. We had two huge lobster dinners and there was always an appetizer, and a dessert. I cannot say enough how delicious the food was and we were never hungry or wanted for anything.

While we were there, we had some great weather, and went stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and snorkeling. We also went to Red Frog Beach by boat to take a surfing lesson with a local surfer who was a great teacher and since it was a one on one lesson, it was much better than a large group. There is a restaurant at the beach for drinks and food, but beware that they severely padded our bill with things that we did not eat was twice what it should have been. It was quickly corrected, though, because Popa Paradise had one of their employees come with us, free of charge, and they spoke spanish and straightened everything out. It was great to have them with us. We also rented surf boards another day and went to another spot to practice our surfing and again, was accompanied by an employee from the resort, which was nice.

During the afternoon, we stayed by the large pool, which had many chairs, umbrellas and loungers to stay out of the sun, or one could sit up in the lodge area in the shade, but in both places, our needs were attended to by the staff, and never wanted for a thing. Additionally, there are also chairs to sit in down by the beach and all over the resort. They have a ping pong table, pool table and a dart board, among other games and the wifi signal was strong up at the lodge. They also had a large selection of DVD's for the room, and it was very relaxing not having a TV or cell service in our room. It made it that much better. Of course, in case of emergency, a phone was available in the office and the managers, Elena and Danielle were very happy to help me in changing and rearranging my flights to accommodate our staying longer. There is also a small well equipped gym which we did not use, and massages and spa services were available with 24 hour notice.

There is a bit of a "happy hour" around 7pm before dinner and since it is an all inclusive, no need to worry about drink prices, etc. They put out a nice selection of cheese and meats and nuts to nibble on and you could have them all day long at the pool also, if that is what you wanted. They were also happy to provide us with a bottle of wine for our room when we wanted and since we had a small refrigerator in the room, it was nice to have it to sit out on the balcony and listen to the birds, etc. (The small refrigerator was stocked with beer and cold water and some sodas and they made it very clear from the beginning that whatever your preferred to drink, they would put in your refrigerator) There was also a kettle for coffee or tea in the morning, or at tea time. I am sure that you could arrange to have food delivered to your room, whether it was coffee or a light snack. We also had a nice bottle of champagne to welcome us with, and to celebrate my husbands up coming birthday.

I cannot emphasize enough how much we enjoyed this very relaxing vacation. My husband and I have stayed at many places in the world, and I would consider this resort a 5 star resort for all of the reasons listed above. If you want to compare it to say, the Four Seasons hotels, which as also 5 star, it would be like comparing apples to oranges. No other place was so accommodating, the staff so nice and genuinely caring, the food so lovingly prepared and the views and the island itself in the jungle a one of a kind setting for a one of a kind trip.

Some other things that I feel the need to say that have nothing to do with the resort, but rather, getting there. The airline that goes to Boca Town has a 30 pound limit for the suitcases and while we were a little worried about this, bringing more than 30 pounds is not a problem, you just have to pay for the extra weight. I also know that, if one was so inclined, there is a place for a helicopter to arrive on the island where the resort is, and I am sure, could easily be arranged, either through the resort or at the airport ahead of time. I found the boat ride not to be a problem, and was better than some of the small boats that we have taken from smaller cruise ships to the shore, when there were unable to dock. It was more stable and easier to get into than a "zodiac" boat. There is also a pharmacy, etc. not on the same island, but in town where the airplane lands, and if one has the need for it, things can be bought there.

The managers, Elena and Danielle are both super people who, it is obvious, enjoy their work and care about their guests every need and want. The staff is the same way and I would return tomorrow and stay longer if I could, I enjoyed it that much.

Room Tip: Casita number 6 is great, up above the beach in the trees, with plenty of shade on porch
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieNYC
PopaManagers, General Manager at Popa Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Hello again, Queen of Popa Paradise!

This will be a short answer, but deeply felt. We begin with a series of thanks: thank you for choosing Popa Paradise, thank you for having decided to extend your stay, thank you for your positive energy, thank you for your help and contribution to the good performance of our resort. Surely, we will not forget you two, a super couple!

We were very interested to read your description of every single aspect of your experience at Popa Paradise and of our surroundings, and we are sure these observations will be a great benefit to those considering a vacation here. Our goal is always to match our delivery to the needs and expectations of our guests, and having well-informed patrons is a huge help in that regard.

It was very pleasant and interesting to spend time each day with you, and with the other guests who were here during your visit. It was also a treat to share in celebrating your husband's birthday - we hope you remember Popa every year on the same occasion.

We would be delighted to see you again, if you can make your way back. We would also be happy to help you with information, if you decide to arrange a trip to Italy.

Affectionate greetings,

Elena and Daniel, and the entire staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isla Popa
19.8 km away
Swan's Cay Hotel
Swan's Cay Hotel
#6 of 13 in Bocas Town

Been to Popa Paradise Beach Resort? Share your experiences!