All reviews private island on stilts unique experience lobster unique paradise amazing getaway rescued monkeys local staff small fans an amazing host my favorite part away from the hustle and bustle a special place bat cave three days great fun highlight of our trip
Reviewed March 26, 2018

If you love rustic beauty, amazing food, and good people over fine trappings and commercial tourism this is a must visit. We spent 5 days here and were spoiled rotten by Francine, Mark, and Heather. We ate like royalty. We snorkeled. We hung out with Tamarin, Squirrel Monkeys, and Kinkajou to name a few of the amazing creatures on this island. If you're good with simple accommodations you will love this place. I can't think of a place I've enjoyed more.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from this island paradise with 3 other couples. What an incredible unique experience that is unmatched from anything else. The hospitality from Francine, Mark and Heather, the incredible exotic and cultural foods, living amongst nature and learning to respect the ecological balance and the wonderful local tours to learn more about Panama. Our favorite part was learning about the incredible natives who touched our hearts and shared their families with us. We are eternally grateful for this unmatched experience and we will cherish our memories. Thanks to all who made this vacation unforgettable.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Urraca was a wonderful experience. Interacting with the animals was like nothing I had experienced before. The food was fantastic and I had three massages looking out onto beautiful water. Francine's seaweed spa treatment was great. Urraca is isolated which makes it a peaceful place to relax. The staff is friendly and the point people all speak english. If I was going back to Bocas Del Toro I would choose this place again. Tip: skip Bocas town unless your into late night music and are looking to party.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Eric B
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Jordan and I finished our trip to Panama with a stay at Urraca and wished we had stayed longer - such an attentive and amazing venue and Francine really cares about her place. The monkeys were a highlight and you feel like you’re on Nim’s Island. Truly a unique experience, and one we will miss! Xo

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank laceysplace89
Reviewed February 19, 2018

My friends & I enjoyed our stay at this island. Francine, Mark,& Heather made us feel very welcome. The island is beautiful & the monkeys take it to another level. The food was delicious and the views are beautiful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends