All reviewsprivate islandon stiltsunique experiencelobsterunique paradiseamazing getawayrescued monkeyslocal staffsmall fansan amazing hostmy favorite parta great place to relaxaway from the hustle and bustleblue watera special placebat cavethree days
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I loved everything about my stay here. Francine is an absolute joy and a talented chef. She is truly dedicated to the animals she loves and protects.
Stunning mangroves teaming with aquatic life, charming bungalows with comfortable beds, romantic swings hidden in the trees, fine dining under the stars, delectable wine and delicious drinks, surprise visits from nighttime critters, monkeys that will steal your candy and your heart, Z-man the Great! I could go on and on...

Our trip felt like a dream. Thank you Francine, you're the best.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rtskelskey
Francine R, Propriétaire at Urraca Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

If you love rustic beauty, amazing food, and good people over fine trappings and commercial tourism this is a must visit. We spent 5 days here and were spoiled rotten by Francine, Mark, and Heather. We ate like royalty. We snorkeled. We hung out with Tamarin, Squirrel Monkeys, and Kinkajou to name a few of the amazing creatures on this island. If you're good with simple accommodations you will love this place. I can't think of a place I've enjoyed more.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from this island paradise with 3 other couples. What an incredible unique experience that is unmatched from anything else. The hospitality from Francine, Mark and Heather, the incredible exotic and cultural foods, living amongst nature and learning to respect the ecological balance and the wonderful local tours to learn more about Panama. Our favorite part was learning about the incredible natives who touched our hearts and shared their families with us. We are eternally grateful for this unmatched experience and we will cherish our memories. Thanks to all who made this vacation unforgettable.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Urraca was a wonderful experience. Interacting with the animals was like nothing I had experienced before. The food was fantastic and I had three massages looking out onto beautiful water. Francine's seaweed spa treatment was great. Urraca is isolated which makes it a peaceful place to relax. The staff is friendly and the point people all speak english. If I was going back to Bocas Del Toro I would choose this place again. Tip: skip Bocas town unless your into late night music and are looking to party.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Eric B
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Jordan and I finished our trip to Panama with a stay at Urraca and wished we had stayed longer - such an attentive and amazing venue and Francine really cares about her place. The monkeys were a highlight and you feel like you’re on Nim’s Island. Truly a unique experience, and one we will miss! Xo

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank laceysplace89