Boskoppie Lion Farm & Private Game Reserve
Review Highlights
Most wonderful place on the world

This is the most wonderful place you can meet a person who loves nature, animals and contact with... read more

Reviewed August 18, 2018
Fran C
via mobile
A weekend get away to the wild

The reception was friendly , the guiders and the staff were very professional and competent , the... read more

Reviewed May 7, 2018
Cezar A

All reviews wild animals lion couple weekend leopard
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Not planned was invited for an.event so.decided to have sleep over so took kids along ..arrived late so not much time spend there but kids throughly enjoyed it seeing animals and the tour .. it was awesome ...

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend with whole family & couple of young kids
Very friendly & helpful hosts from the time I made booking as well as being very accommodating. The tour was also very informative & our guide gave the tour at our pace.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

My wide and I volunteered again for 2 weeks at the end of January and early February, and again we had a brilliant experience. Younger cubs this time, so learning to stimulate them to pee and poo was a first for me, and seeing them develop over the 2 weeks was fantastic. I've read other comments about canned hunting, and involvement in this is strenuously denied when I've asked, so I'm happy to have been here three times now. If you like cats and you have the time and money to volunteer, I'd certainly recommend Boskoppie.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

We had the amazing opportunity to visit the day with the king and his children... Hayley welcomed us and she took us on a tour through the lion camps. We played with the cubs and made friends- not in person but now we can track all the news and glam on Facebook also.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

I love animals and so I loved seeing all the animals here. However, when I asked the foreign volunteer what happens to all the lions that they keep breeding, she could not give me a reasonable answer. I have heard of people in the area that this place participates in the Canned Lion hunting trade. Keep in mind, that it is NOT illegal in South Africa so it is not necessarily a horrible thing for the reserve to participate in. On the other hand, I see it as morally wrong. The other thing that I loved and yet disliked was that fact that guests can play with the young cats. We went in with the oldest youngsters and the volunteers couldn't control them and they were playing with my pants (biting me but not painfully). I am used to rough-housing with large dogs, so I could handle them but they were still too playful and we had to leave the enclosure after just walking in. we went to the smaller cats and they were more manageable but I didn't like that the reserve didn't require us to wash our hands (or offer sanitary liquid) before petting the cats. Moreover, the volunteer was not extremely knowledgeable concerning the big cats. overall, I enjoyed the experience because I got to see animals and interact with them. However, I don't think they manage their animals correctly and after hearing all the people nearby tell me how the business probably participates in canned hunting; I was upset I had given them my money.

7  Thank Brooke H