All reviews loft suite small pond northern lights full kitchen grasslands national park grocery store milky way two nights place to stay neil balcony butte dogs property hiking house mile
Reviewed November 4, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Crossing with our 2 dogs from May 21-24, 2008. Overall, this was an excellent experience.

We stayed in a small apartment on the second floor of the main building. (There is also a camp ground and 2 tepees on the property available for lodging.) Our apartment featured a small sitting area, a galley kitchen fully stocked with utensils and dining area, a bedroom with 2 twin beds and a bathroom with shower.

The accommodations were clean, cute, compact and very pleasant. The decor was tasteful and modern and the facilities were in good condition. The owners welcomed our 2 black labs and had a dog and cat (cats?) of their own.

The owners also provided a breakfast basket for us one morning, at a nominal charge (less than $10, I think), including a loaf of bakery bread, 2 eggs, preserves and butter, coffee and cream.

The balcony (shared with our friends who were staying in the apartment next to ours) provides a stunning view of Grasslands National Park (part of the reason for our trip).

The owners were friendly, professional and pleasant. In all, I think we paid about $250 for 3 nights accommodation and 1 day's breakfast, including tax. The Crossing provides excellent value and comfortable, modern accommodations. (It is not luxurious, despite my 5-star rating, but solidly comfortable and homey.) I would recommend it to anyone who happens to be in Val Marie.

• Stayed: May 2008