All reviews ama dablam everest view namche bazaar hot water high altitude two days dining room electric blankets well taken care stayed for nights next morning base camp travel arrangements bucket list any sort kathmandu airport great hospitality
Reviewed April 1, 2018

I went to HEV in January 2017 for my 21st birthday with a friend of mine as I wanted to wake up overlooking Mt Everest for my birthday. This trip was incredible!! Sonia as incredible helped organise all of the details and it ran so smoothly. Our guide Sanjay and wonderful porter were beyond incredible. Taking the time to explain all of the details before and along the way. The team at HEV were utterly amazing too, when we arrived it was winter and we were the only guests in the building. As a result of being winter the water pipes often froze, and each morning we would wake up to fresh buckets of boiling hot water at our door and each of the men were super helpful; always smiling, always asking if we were okay and always asking if they could do anything for us. All of our meals were beautiful and when we arrived at HEV on our first night we were greeted by the kitchen staff signing us happy birthday with a beautiful cake. I could not recommend this trip anymore, in fact i'm currently organising to go back at the end of the year!! This is the most incredible trip, hosted and organised by the most lovely, caring and beautiful people.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sonia M, Manager at Hotel Everest View, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, I still remember being worried about your trek in late January but it worked out beautifully! We now have wires warming up the pipes in winter so hopefully that means less frozen pipes. I am not sure if it our guests who are the most happy about running hot water or our housekeeping staff who no longer have to bring buckets of warm water to the rooms every morning and every evening :)

We are very lucky to have such dedicated staff and guides, I am looking forward to organizing your next trip to the Everest region and hopefully this one will be just as amazing!

Reviewed March 1, 2018

My husband and I travelled to Nepal in November 2017 and we were excited but a little apprehensive as to what to expect from this very remote hotel. However, our stay exceeded all expectations!
Sonia was fantastic in organising our whole trip, with lots of emails being exchanged before booking exactly what we wanted. She even met us at our hotel in Kathmandu (as well as greeting us after the trip and taking us back to our hotel again) - a lovely personal kindness.
Our guide - Ang Furi Lama - also met us at the hotel and with his expertise we successfully negotiated the airport to get on the plane to Lukla - not an easy task as it's so chaotic. Ang Furi Lama was the best guide, taking into account our hiking pace (very slow I'm sure), he never hurried us and matched his pace to ours so well. His knowledge of the area was wonderful, we would have missed so much of the history and sights without him.
On the way up to HEV we stayed at Yeti Mountain Lodges as arranged by Sonia, and these were all very good, comfortable but of course cold at night.
We arrived at HEV after a long day's hike from Thame to be greeted by the wonderful staff and given refreshments, while oggling at the view through the huge windows! Soon we were shown to our room - huge by the way, with that same awe-inspiring view. A nice hot shower and we settled in for a few nights.
We were blown away by the remoteness and the beauty of this hotel. Our stay here exceeded all of our very high expectations. The bedroom had a heater which made the temperature very pleasant indeed, we had very warm doonas, and unexpectedly, ELECTRIC BLANKETS! We were not cold at night, which was such a plus.
We found the food delicious, and I so appreciate that the chef took care to provide vegetarian meals for me - thank you. We had lots of Japanese food here, and once again thanks to Ang Furi Lama for his explanation of this yummy cuisine!
We spent our few days here doing local hikes - to Kunde Peak and Khumjung and really felt that we had time to relax and enjoy the whole experience of the mountains, while still being able to return to the hotel and relax there too - in comfort.
It was cloudy on our first afternoon at HEV and of course we were hoping for clear weather the next day...waking at 3am and looking out of our window to see the incredibly clear skies, stars and towering mountains was one of the most memorable moments of my life. My husband was up early every morning to take photos from the observatory, while I was able to drink in the same view from my warm bed!!
This hotel is amazing. Sure, it is not a modern five-star city hotel, but that is not what anyone would expect in such a remote location (I shake my head when some of the reviews mention that it is cold - really - get a grip!).
The hot water is now available in each room I believe, it was just being connected while we stayed, but having to use a shared shower was not a big deal. We felt privileged to stay here, and we hope to come back.
Thank you to all the staff, Ang Furi Lama, and especially to Sonia, for our wonderful memories.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank ontheroadSydney
Sonia M, Manager at Hotel Everest View, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

It is so wonderful to hear that you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed staying with us and trekking with Ang Furi!
Thank you very much for your kind words about our service and organization, I happen to get excited along with my clients
while doing the email exchanges :)

We are indeed very lucky to have a talented chef who is able to prepare many different cuisines and even birthday cakes. Japanese menu
at HEV is always one of the popular choices. As you would be sleeping early in the mountains, waking up early or even at 3am naturally is not uncommon and it is the perfect time to go outside for the stars and the outline of the Himalayas on a clear night.

Yes, we now have hot water in all 12 rooms and thank you very much for appreciating what we have to offer. Our service comes
from the heart and it makes us very happy when our guests return with amazing memories.
I really hope you and your husband visit us again soon and perhaps do more trekking with Ang Furi!

Reviewed February 25, 2018

This is part of our acclimatisation day each time we were trekking in The Khumbu. The walk from Namche is enjoyable and panoramic. The view from the verandah (on a clear day) is spectacular. Always a good place to stop. The prices here for coffee and such are very reasonable when you consider exactly where it is.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PhilJWPenrith
Sonia M, Manager at Hotel Everest View, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you had a wonderful trek in the Khumbu!

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Myself and two colleagues stayed at HEV ON Sat 27th Jan 2018 in advance of a work visit to India. We arrived by helicopter from Kathmandu. HEV lived up to all expectations. Brilliant, amazing, friendly staff, great food, great accommodation .. we were privileged to stay there.
Yes it was cold in the evening, minus 18C but that added to the fun. Yes we slept in our hiking gear and yes I viewed the stars and shooting stars at that at 03:30 in the morning and I was blown away.
We were the only guests that night, the staff were amazing. We had a guide for our hike to Namche (we hadn’t really acclimatised flying straight from Kathmandu and it was cloudy on the Sat day).
Sunday morning, clear skies and amazing views of the mountains: Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam and so on.
Thanks to Sonia for all the arrangements and the rest of the staff for looking after us.
If you want to see Everest and are not trekking in the region and you want to stay in a fantastic location/ place then HEV is a must. It was built in the 70’s, it won’t have all mod cons but it has character by the bucket load, go see for yourself.
Matthew McIver

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Matthew M
Sonia M, Manager at Hotel Everest View, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you very much for visiting Hotel Everest View and we are so happy to hear that we lived up to all expectations.
Very early morning is one of the best times to see the stars on a clear night, just need to make sure you are well bundled up
for the show! Some guests even go to the sun room in the night for star gazing.

Thank you very much for appreciating our service and enjoying our unique location. I hope you and your colleagues will come back soon
for a longer trek in the Everest region and that by then the machines at the Immigration will be working :)

Reviewed February 4, 2018

A steep climb to Syangboche from Namche takes you to open ridge and hilltop to Syangboche offering amazing view of the higher mountains and low glacial valley below . Sipping hot drinks at the patio with Mt. Everest View is so rewarding after the steep hike to ease the pain .

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tashi S
Sonia M, Manager at Hotel Everest View, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2018

Thank you very much for visiting us and yes, it is truly rewarding to have some hot drinks at Hotel Everest View after the hike!