All reviews runswick bay premier room balcony room view of the bay cleveland way cliff top evening meal beer garden small hotel kippers lovely hotel hotel restaurant fish and chips smoked salmon relaxing stay yorkshire breakfast open fire
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay here a few days. A stunning location the hotel is set in and wonderful views of Runswick bay. Efficient and prompt check in and welcoming and friendly staff. We chose a premium room which I highly recommend as it had an amazing view of the sea, nice large room and a queen size bed. The room was clean and tidy, nice choice of refreshments and bath items. The breakfast had an excellent choice and fresh and tasty breakfast items. The same applies to evening meals. Great to see the hotel is dog friendly . I did notice a very odd smell on the stairway on a few occasions ,it was unpleasant and wasn't sure where it came from. The wifi was also quite hit and miss in the room, did try public areas but was also temperamental. Otherwise an enjoyable stay

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited as a Valentines day package (dinner, bed and breakfast) Uppn check in we found the staff couldn't do enough for us and were very friendly and attentive. The food (dinner and breakfast) was faultless and plentiful. We will be returning for certain with our dogs in tow this time and for a longer stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2018

I stayed here for two nights, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
When I entered the room we were assigned, all I could see was the Sea view - which was beautiful. The room was spacious, large and bright. The balcony was incredible, which offered amazing views over Runswick Bay.
The facilities in the room were great - The bed was so comfortable, Tea and Coffee making facilities, and biscuits - which was a nice little touch.
The food was decent - Both mornings I had a vegetarian full English - which was good. Dinner was also decent - think decent pub grub.
The staff were very welcoming, and helpful.
The only thing that I would fault, was the WIFi signal (or lack of). Although, I do understand that the location may not have great signal. I was unable to connect to WIFI at all.
Overall though, lovely stay, with breath taking views - would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here in one of the premium rooms with glorious views of the bay. Staff are very welcoming, the food is excellent, much of it local, and everywhere was spotlessly clean. Thoroughly recommended, we are already planning our return trip.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the Topman Room which had great views of Runswick Bay. It was a large room, warm and comfortable- just what you need after a bracing walk on the cliff tops! Food was good in restaurant, again with view of bay. Definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple