All reviews exotic birds organic vegetables swimming pool indian army well equipped gym beautiful resort peace and quiet peaceful place nature spa property aviary lawns ambience relaxation monkeys sal
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

They have a bird sanctuary, a war museum to honour the Indian army(owner is from the army family), they grow their own food, the hotel rooms are huge and clean. People are great.
Just one drawback... its a huge property, with not enough rooms. So even if the hotel is full, you will feel like you are alone at night...

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank jaymagdani
madhavdalvi, Owner at Vishranti - A Doon Valley Jungle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Doon Valley. We thank you for the vindication of our efforts. We are planning new tree house rooms soon and we will keep you updated. Since you were last we have added a two bedroom fully serviced cottage to our keys as well.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

Vishranti is surely a place we would love to come back to. The place has beautiful exotic birds , lovely organic farmland which provides fresh produce for the resort kitchen.. It's a place that has conserved nature to the fullest. The warm hospitality extended by the owners made our stay even more pleasant ! Also they have an amazing bar . It's a great place to come in a big group to enjoy the resort to the fullest ..

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
madhavdalvi, Owner at Vishranti - A Doon Valley Jungle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Dear Payal,
Seasons Greetings to you. We thank you for your inspiring review. You are the reason we are in the hospitality space. Please do come again and give us the opportunity to be a part of your holidays or any special occasion. We hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Welcome to the Vishranti Family.
The Vishranti Team.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

I have been trying to book an open 2 night stay at the Shanti Suite at Vishranti for the next year. I have called the customer service line multiple times to book this, and I keep being told that I will receive a call back, which never comes. I called the number listed on TripAdvisor too, and it always comes switched off. I have also sent many emails but never received a response. Finally, once on the phone I was told that my open reservation has been taken down, and that I will receive an email confirmation. This too never came. Now, I'm unsure of how to go about reserving the property and would appreciate a proper confirmation etc. I apologise for having to post this here, but I see that this is a forum where patrons do seem to be receiving responses.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sanskriti249
madhavdalvi, Owner at Vishranti - A Doon Valley Jungle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Dear Ma'am,
I apologize for your inconvenience please call 94581346002 Krishna will attend to you at the earliest. If need be do call me 0n 7351335000 and I will take care of any issues you might have.
Madhav Dalvi

Reviewed November 26, 2016

we went for a picnic with 40 families had a lovely time the owner Mr.Mike Dewan is a true gentleman she showed us around every nook and corner has a story to tell one must not miss the bar, the pool and the flora...a trip worth remembering

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest ,
Greetings from the Doon Valley, we thank you for a wonderful review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2016

Such an intriguing place to stay at, we were there for 1 night only 3 days ago and we appeared to be the only guests. This made it all the more special. So many staff members, we had 2 evening meals (both excellent) and a breakfast. Popped into the bar which was manned by 2 people just to pick up a beer, and it looked pretty cool inside.
It is set within large grounds, which are well looked after. The room appeared to be a little run down but this appealed to me in an odd sort of way.
My Areas I would suggest could have been better;

Somewhere to explain the history of the place. I found it hard to learn more, and I really wanted to know how this resort came about.
A map or otherwise to explain what to do in the local area, like suggested walks/bike rides. We cycled up to a few houses which was cute but would have been nice to have received some advice.

Room Tip: We were in the cheapest room which was large. Bathroom a bit ropey as toilet seat was broken and hot water was patchy.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
madhavdalvi, Owner at Vishranti - A Doon Valley Jungle Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

We thank you for your review and have noted your grievances, the next time you do us the honor of staying with us we will not disappoint you.