All reviews rooftop pool big buddha bedroom apartment small gym walk up would definitely stay here again mom balcony hill kata beach sunbeds luxury privacy
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Stayed in July 2017, 1 bedroom apartment close to the road, hosted by Grey Philips. Having researched nearly all the mid to luxury accommodation in the area, we landed on this option (via airbnb). Turns out, it was a good choice! Reasonable cost, spacious, comfortable and convenient. We stayed for a week.

The apartment is big with lots of seating, nice balcony, 1 separate bedroom. Air conditioning worked well and by sheer bad luck one day it broke down - our host was straight on the case and got it fixed that day. The bathtub was huge (we actually didn't use it) and interesting there was no actual door for the bathroom area (although there was a glass door to toilet) so you could say it lacked a little privacy - but it wasn't really an issue for us.

There was some issue with the electrical wires outside the apartment which was a little noisy, but it wasn't so bad and we didn't bother mentioning it.

There was a water cooler in the apartment, very handy - and some milk/eggs/bread provided in the fridge which was a nice touch.

We used the fitness room a couple of times, small but that's all we needed. Also used the pool which was great, we had the whole thing to ourselves and was a nice way to spend a couple of hours within a few steps of the apartment.

To get to the shops/restaurants you walk up and then down the hill, pretty tiring in the heat but again, no complains as it was only about 10 mins. Walk down the other way and you reach a lovely beach (Kata Noi) and some more restaurants as well as a big resort, the Nai Harn. Across the road is Mom Tri's which we didn't actually go to but apparently nice cocktails and dinner.

We ordered room service one night when we were feeling lazy and had a great burger :)

Our hosts were extremely helpful and responsive, making sure we were happy and giving us tips on places to visit. We had a wonderful time and would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Apartment 10C

The pool is refreshing and clean and gardens around apartment are very nice, and based on the owner photos I saw, I wanted to book this place.

However, after visiting, I felt very ripped off. Please have a look at my photos as examples of my poor experience, and the difference between mine and the site photos.

I show a picture of another higher apartment that overlooked our pool/apartment. There was also another higher apartment that also overlooked our pool. In addition, several other apartments had a view of our lower outside balcony. For these reasons, I am in disagreement that 10C is "private". We thought it definitely was not private.
Had i known other people could easily view us swimming in our pool and laying on sunbeds, I would not have booked 10C.
I absolutely, truly believe much more effort could be made in the finish of this place, considering it was referred to as "luxury". I was disappointed at how old and run down I perceived this place to be.
Please look at my view from the vanity basin, and the state of the barbecue in the photos I posted.
The fitness room is very small and had an out of service sign on the only weights machine available.
It is extremely noisy inside from the road just outside the windows.
The balcony has hundreds of mosquitoes so it was very hard to enjoy while being bitten.
I really wished I had spent my money elsewhere.

This review is my completely honest summary of apartment 10C.

Room tip: 10C is overlooked by other apartments
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CityBeachGuy
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We stayed as a family of 4 for 2 weeks in July 2017 and it was perfect. Some of the reviews you see for this place on various sites are for accommodation managed by other agents. Ours was booked through Hotels.com and managed by Pin and was excellent. We paid for one of the apartments with a rooftop pool (9C) and the view was amazing, 180 degree sea view and the Big Buddha can also be seen on the hill behind. We spent most mornings up on the roof just relaxing before going out for the day.

We also used the onsite small gym and the outside pool which were good. The onsite restaurant is a little expensive but has a good happy hour on cocktails and was great to use on the last day when we didn't want to walk out anywhere. Otherwise the restaurants and bars of Kata and Kata Noi are 10 minutes walk downhill as are the local small supermarkets and the stalls for Thai banana pancakes and fried ice cream. Kata beach is about 15 minutes walk whereas Kata Noi in the opposite direction is closer and quieter.

The apartment was serviced by Pin's team every 2 days and they were so friendly. Pin also answered any queries we had really quickly after our first contact. We also booked airport transfers and a driver for a half day touring through Pin and everything was smooth.

We are already planning our next trip!.

Room tip: 9C has fabulous views from the rooftop pool.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2017

I traveled with my family of four incl. 2 teenagers. The apartment, Apartment 9B, is suitable for both families as well as two couples. Both bedrooms are spacious with their own bathrooms. Both bedrooms have their own privacy, since they are at different ends of the apartment.

The apartment is clean and comfortable, and we liked it very much. The balcony is huge and it is very nice for relaxing after a day at the beach. The view is nice, but you can only catch glimpses of the ocean and the mountains. What you have instead are big tropical trees and birds to watch.

The living room and kitchen are combined and it is easy to fix a simple breakfast there. Thanks to Grey and his team for the complimentary breakfast items that we found in the fridge at arrival! We had some issues with the safe, but Grey responded to my message within minutes and the whole incident was quickly and professionally solved in no time.

Really great customer-service throughout the visit! Grey helped us book a boat tour to the Phi Phi Islands, and you can also pre-order a taxi from the airport through him. The location of the apartment is good. However, if you are out of shape, do note that there is some uphill walking ahead regardless of the direction, when you return to the apartment. It is on top of a small hill situated between Kata Beach and Kata Noi Beach. It is only a few minutes walk to both beaches, and hence the location is really nice. It is just a little bit aside from the busy streets of Kata, and we found the location nice and peaceful.

The apartment is part of a larger development with includes a small (!) gym, a restaurant and two pool areas. The pool areas are not good for sunbathing or spending the day (since there is very limited space around the actual pools), but we found the pools nice for a dip after climbing uphill to get back to the apartment. We also felt safe here. There is man at the gate at all hours.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

Wow, we couldn't have been more impressed with Gray & Lillian's place (Airbnb)! From the initial point of communication until our last day, Gray made our stay as easy as possible- and all without having to be present.
Wandee met us and showed us our apartment 10C. Inside it was spotless and there were flowers decorating many places. The fridge was stocked with some eggs, bread, and drinks, there was a water jug, books, and an informational booklet. The rooftop pool was one of the main drawing points of choosing this place in addition to the rave reviews about the hosts. There was plenty of sun all day and you can even catch the sunset from up there. When you're in the pool, it overlooks the road but if you sit in the sala, you can see over to Kata Noi beach. The privacy and setup of the loungers and sala meant we could simply relax in our own place anytime.
The location was nice, away from the crowded beach/downtown areas but close enough to walk to shops and restaurants.
This place was the absolute perfect way to end our 3-week honeymoon and we were shown the most hospitality throughout our trip here. I can't think of any way this place could improve, they really thought of everything! I highly, highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple