All reviews private pool living room main pool our honeymoon pool bar long pool insect repellent turn down service water features lounge area direct access to the pool rainy season buffet breakfast amazing hotel tuk tuk spa thailand
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We have just stayed 5 days at the Baray Villas and it was everything I wanted in a luxury resort but I particularly love the lush tropical grounds this is what I look for in my ideal holiday and this fitted the bill - palms, ferns, trees and water features everywhere, this is what a tropical resort should look like. The villa itself was excellent, being spacious with everything you need and the private plunge pool and our own sun lounges leading out to the pool for villa guests was awesome.

Didn't book the breakfast option but at only 250baht per person for a full buffet this was a bargain compared to the nearby cafes offering "breakfast" and we took up this most days.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Orapin_Wee, General Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment. We are delighted that our service has met your satisfaction and we were very pleased to serve you our service. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next trip in Phuket.

Yours sincerely, Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Our family of 4 stayed in the two story villa April 14-18, 2018. We absolutely loved it. The space was huge and decorated in a relaxing, luxurious, beautiful way. I loved having the downstairs for the kids with their own bathroom. It gave us all the space we needed. The pool comes right into your villa with doors to swim in and out. You have your own little pool in your courtyard and then you can swim out to the very long pool shared with the other villas. There was never anyone else swimming in that area when we were out there but once in awhile I did see some people swim by when I was inside. I would love to stay here again. We also enjoyed swimming in the smaller pool near the entrance because it was warmer and more in the sun. We had several lunches at the swim up bar and they were great. Our kids loved the pizza. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Two days we had to eat at 6:30 am and unfortunately not much of the buffet is out that early. Also, when you order coffee it takes a long time to come (as in, you'll be done eating) but all else was perfect. We really enjoyed eating at the hotel for dinner as well. We had so much fun and felt really relaxed swimming in the pool. It was amazing!! Regarding the mosquitoes, there were just a few at dusk and I think that is inevitable in this area. We went out to eat in Phuket Town in a wooded area and were swarmed by mosquitoes so I think people don't realize what is normal in a tropical area. I think they are doing what they can to keep them at bay and they are not too bad.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Orapin_Wee, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Value guest

Thank you for giving us a 5 stars review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your kind feedback for us.

We are genuinely delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us on your recent trip to Phuket. I am glad that you loved the overall services that our staffs provided to you. We would take your recommendation seriously to further improve our services and better served all guests.

We wish that we would have another opportunity to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

we recently spent 10 days at The Baray Villas, check in was great .
The staff were good but not over friendly, the Villa was Huge, but a little cluttered
with to much furniture and and extra tables and lights, that were not needed.
There was a huge problem with Mosquitos, have you ever considered fogging.
Some of the greenery, around the Villas needs cutting back, the pool area is very
difficult to get round, there is a tree that obstructs the walkway, and really needs chopping back, there are numerous mosquitos, around the pool are and that needs sorting out, the whole area needs cleaning every day, before it opens and that does not happen.
It borders being dirty, which is a great pity, the Breakfast in the restaurant is brilliant, as good if not better than anything we have had worldwide.
So many Choices, we normally get bored after 3days, but this was so good we visited everyday. all credit to the Chef's and staff.
The Wifi is an issue, having to log in and log out all of the time, once you log in in your room it should be available all of the time, the same at the pool area, i had to keep logging in 3/4 times a day, once connected the service was good, thank you very much

Room Tip: So nearly Perfect
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Orapin_Wee, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Dear Value guest,

Greeting from Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa! !

Thank you for sharing a very kind review for us on booking.com. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is always our pleasure learning that our services and facilities provided to our guests were up to their satisfaction.
And Regarding the mosquitoes, Phuket is a tropical island, and so mosquitoes and humidity are unavoidable. We’ve tried and will continue trying every possible ways we can to lessen the numbers of mosquitoes in the hotel for the more comfort of our guests. We try our best to eliminate all the stagnant water and every pond in the hotel has fish in them, which help eliminate the mosquitoes and its larvae so,we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience during your stay.
refer to Internet process that the hotel policy is automatic log out when not use regarding to our security.
We truly appreciate that you would definitely return to stay with us once again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel with my family for 9 days in March. This place is very well managed and kept. In my experience they really care about their guests and do the best they can do to make you feel special. The villa is so beautiful with direct access to the pool. My son loved it. The location is excellent - very close to the beautiful Karon beach, just 10 min walking. We rent a motorbike from a place located at the opposite side of the street and explored the surroundings. ❤️ this place!

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Value guest

Reviewed March 28, 2018

My daughter and I booked separate Villa's that were right next to each other. This is a beautiful property. The interior of the Villa is nicely decorated, and clean. The bed was comfortable. This was actually the nicest hotel I've stayed in, and I travel frequently. I would expect to spend upward of 5-700.00 per night in the USA for the room, grounds, and amenities at this resort. Highly recommend, and will stay again if my travels bring me back to the area. It is only a short walk to the bottom of the hill to get to the beach, or there is a shuttle that takes/picks up from the hotel. There are many dining choices very near (but also a restaurant at the resort that is quite good)

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the Villa
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank beverlyb2012
Orapin_Wee, Manager at The Baray Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your accommodation during your stay in Phuket, and for your response on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. We look forward to accommodate you again during your next visit in Phuket.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team.