All reviews sea room scoopon deal rooftop pool steep hill transport guests changing daily great outlook smaller pool gorgeous resort alarm clock andaman sea sea view dim sum chinese tourists taking photos shower room modern hotel
Reviewed August 9, 2018

We were on the same level as the admin overlooking the smaller pool, the room was better than most places we have stayed while enjoying our holiday with friends. The staff were great ready to help , my wife was a little sick one day and there was real concern for her for the full time we were there. Meals were great for all guest . Management was first rate. Our room was quite large with all modern facilities and quite new we believe that the SIS was built last year. The resort has courtesy bus to transport guests down to the beach every hour or so also has lifts wheelchair o/k as we both use to be cares and can advise this is first class

Room Tip: Rooms on levels from check in up have use of lifts good for disabled or any one
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank petersue402
AKSARACollection, Manager at The SIS Kata, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Greetings from The SIS Kata Phuket,

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor. We are all so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your encouragement. I will tell our team about your compliments thank you so much.

We do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to the island and please feel free to email us before you arrive to make sure that we arrange your preferred room.

With best regards from all the team and it was a pleasure to meet you...See you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We are on our last day at this fabulous resort where we have been spoilt by the wonderful staff, eaten the beautiful fresh meals prepared by the head chef Yha & kitchen staff, then had the option to work it off with the activity manager Noom and then rested at the amazing facilities with exceptional views highly recommend

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie H

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 8 nights using the scoopon voucher. The moment we arrived we were greeted and welcomed by friendly faces. I have to say all staff were excellent and went out of their way to help us feel welcome, I can’t fault them. Even when I was being difficult (we wanted to change the date of my return airport transfer so we could squeeze in a few days on Phi Phi Island) they were able to assist us! Our stay was hassle free and that’s what you want for a holiday! I truly believe if you are friendly and treat people with respect you will get the same in return.

The room was great, we requested a room in the 1200s prior to staying and we had a fabulous view of the top pool and the sea! The bed was so comfy and huge, the room was spacious enough for us. The only thing I suggest could be improved is the shower light as it was a bit dark - that’s me being really picky. Yes, the resort is on a hill (most are) but the 2 min hike up the hill makes the view totally worth it! We hired a scooter so it wasn’t a big deal for us. Breakfast was amazing, had so many options to choose from as well as a good coffee selection, cappuccino, latte, espresso etc.. the view from the pool is AMAZING, I had to pinch myself a few times as I couldn’t believe I was there. I love that pool. I will agree with some other reviews, the obsessive selfies and Instagram photoshoots were annoying at first but then it became funny by the end. So be prepared haha... Overall we really enjoyed our time at this resort and would recommend it to other people. Thanks to all the staff that looked after us :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah G

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We stayed at SIS Kata for 10 days , great room with a pool view , 2 great pools one with a sea view of the Andaman sea.

Cocktails that we had with our deal were pretty ordinary as we only had 4 to choose from and they didn't have much alcohol in them as we purchased a Scoopon deal.

The staff were excellent very helpful and friendly - Noom the activities staff member was great with patrons always there to lend a hand.

The big downfall was the great hill that leads to the hotel , very steep if you dont like walking or have difficulties going up and down a hill this could be a problem .

They do offer a shuttle service at the hotel , so this is another way you can go up or down .

Buffet breakfast excellent couldn't want more, so much choice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank maddy909

Reviewed August 8, 2018

I booked the hotel in 2017 when it was newly opened to public and booked another time in 2018. Great ocean view rooms available, depending on your budget. One of the best and most diverse breakfast buffets I have ever experienced around the world (European, Chinese and Thai style). 2 swimming pools, one with a great ocean view and a pool bar. Gym, spa and sun bed area. Leisure time area like computer and video games room. You always find a free sun bed by the pool. Staff is always around and takes good care. Modern and dynamic style of architecture and great corporate design. Friendly and helpful staff, they book your taxi back to the airport or arrange trips to islands or other destinations. 5 min walk down the hill to the beach Kata. Restaurants, shopping and relaxation facilities very nearby. I disliked the slow service in the evening at the restaurants bar that is always empty. And I disliked that I they didn't notice that I am a frequent hotel visitor. But that are just tiny issues. You will have mainly Chinese and Thai hotel guests, taking tons of selfies also inside the pool that I find disturbing and annoying. But that is the side effect of Asian culture. I recommend everybody to book The SIS Kata, it is worth the price.

Room Tip: Take the
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mailI5166PQ