“Incredible”

Odysseus Greek Organic Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious, everything was very fresh and reasonably priced. The owner was lovely - made our day!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Found this resteraunt through Trip Advisor and decided to go here due to the positive reviews which lived up to the hype.

The first and most memorable portion of dinner was the outstanding service from the manager Demetri. His passion for the business, love for the food, and care for the customer was expressed from start to finish of the meal.

The food was served promptly and tasted delicious with the chef checking in to ensure it was to our liking. Please note that my partner is vegetarian and she was left with more than enough options to satisfy her!

The Greek salad was a highlight with very high quality olive oil and portion sizes being perfect.

If you are in the area, you do not want to miss out here!!

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner being huge lovers of greek food. Upon arriving the manager/ chef Denitri came over to us to talk about the menu. He went over specific vegetarian options for me which I greatly appreciated. In the end he offered to make me a vegetarian dish and I loved it. The greek salad was by far the highlight. The feta and olive oil were amazing, light and fresh. Best greek food while in thailand forsure. Demitri even gave us a walnut cake dessert at the end our meal and it was the perfect end to the perfect meal! Overall this resturant has an amazing atmosphere, menu and customer service.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This restaurant is not at all deserving of the ranking it has. After our visit, we have pondered a lot about how these reviews can be so good and it has made us aware that we need to critically evaluate restaurants of similar rating in the future.

The chef came and spoke to us about the menu, how he would prefer certain cuts over others because some were to fatty in Thailand etc. We first considered this to be a positive sign since he seemed very passionate about his food, but revisiting the whole exchange we are now quite certain that he was high on something.

The food was the biggest disappointment we have had in a while. I ordered the Moussaka with meat (can't even remember what meat it was since it was so bland), I love Moussaka and I appreciate the all the flavours it has, but this one was nowhere near that. The chef had previously informed me that he "doesn't like to microwave food" (oh how big of you..) so it might be cold in middle, but I was just to ask them to heat it more if needed. Yes, it was cold in the middle, and they heated it for me, but I could still barely finish half of it. We found the oil they used for the hummus not suitable at all making the hummus taste almost buttery. The greek salad people were raving about is just big chunks of cucumber and tomatoes, barely any feta cheese and again not a good oil. Is the vegetables being fresh the only criteria people had? Because it was nothing more to it than that.

The only thing we were happy with were the olives and the waiters. The waiter who cleared our table wanted to make sure that the food was alright as we left quite a lot. I really didn't want to deal with that chef, so I said we were just too full. The chef came out anyways and encouraged us to go on TripAdvisor to leave a review. Hence the amount of reviews here probably.. Anyways, we felt the need to warn people seeking good food experiences that your taste buds will not get it here.

4  Thank Kristin N
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Visited Odysseus last month while in Phuket. The host was very welcoming and came across as very passionate about what he does. Took time to explain the menu to us, a very nice person. We had a great meal and really enjoyed ourselves, thanks again