“A must”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kata Beach
Kata Beach Spa Resort
Ranked #51 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Truely a fantastic friendly resort. We stayed here 10 nights and had the best time of our lives right here. We had a pool access room that was a real ripper thing, a must for a little extra money. Situated right on the beach just like they said with excellent swimming and food layed on any time of the day or night. Breakfast is massive all you could possibly want and more, if you can fault the breakfast you'd be a miserable sort. The staff are super friendly with nothing ever too much effort, the rooms very well appointed very neat and serviced daily. The resort has it's own restaurants and bars with each one being a memorable experience. You're friendly they're friendly food and accomodation fantastic what are you waiting for???
Ron&Megan

Room Tip: pool access room a must for so little extra
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ownteeth

Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here the night before my wedding.

As such I didn't get to investigate the hotel fully. From what I found the hotel was very well kept, the room I stayed in was very well layed out and met all the requirements needed. A nice little balcony garden was a good touch.

Check in and check out was pain free and easy to manage and the hotel pools and facilities appeared sensational.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Luke M
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Rubbish place to stay.
Beach is dirty and over-run (even in low-season) with wannabe surfers who will mow you down. Internet is outrageously priced as are most things there. Management seem to be cashing cheques instead of showing concern and rectifying there shortcomings.
Don't stay there - I'd suggest Karon Beach Resort or if you don't mind being a walk over the hill to town Katathani is really great and a MUCH nicer virtually private beach with great restaurants.
Phuket in general though is disproportionately priced. Resorts & taxis amongst other things are way overpriced. Definitely pays to book accom early and shop around...

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Bex-Wako
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Please note most of the reviews on this page are for the wrong resort - Kata beach Spa resort and Kata beach resort and spa are 2 completely different things!!!
I stayed at this resort to study Thai massage. The website made it sound like the European owner was the teacher of the course, however it is actually a lovely Thai lady "Pin" who teaches - unfortunately she speaks very little English, which made learning very difficult and not possible to ask questions. It was expensive at 15000BHT, but I had 1-1 instruction and was learning a 5 day course (25hrs) in 20hrs, which they arranged especially for me which was convenient. A longer period of study time would be better, as I learnt everything once through, but no time to repeat and check technique at the end. Their courses are flexible for sightseeing etc if you were to stay for a holiday/study. The course content was good and received a book with the pictures (headings in Thai) to write my own notes, then at the end received certificate and English book. It would have been better to receive the English book at start to read ahead in my own time. I had already studied a different style of Thai massage in Australia so I had an advantage - if you were to study this course, I would recommend to have some experience (either watch DVD or read book first, and have lots of Thai massage) as it will make a lot more sense. Sometimes what Pin was saying to me in English was the opposite meaning, so it was a bit frustrating at times! I noticed another review by German person on Tripadvisor had same problem with language barrier.
The accommodation was cheap, upgraded to a larger room for free. Very basic - sheet but no blankets, shower hose over toilet etc, but clean enough and suited what I needed. Free wifi, complimentary bottled water each day, DVDs to watch, cable TV, close to everything. Owned by husband and wife, Steffan's wife runs the restaurant on site which was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank chicadee79
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We booked this hotel as it was one of the few that was on the beach. The problem is that the hotel has no loungers on the beach, although you can pay for loungers at around 100 baht each. The hotel loungers are around the pool and scattered through the grounds. If you want a lounger which has an umbrella you should make sure you get up around 7.30am to sling your towel over it as most of the loungers have been covered with towels by then.
We had a nice room which overlooked the beach, most rooms don't. the air conditioning unit is very noisy though. Breakfast is not that great - diluted orange squash, unappealing bread and not a very good selection of fruit considering where we are. The cooked breakfast was average. Its quite a scrum as this remember this is a big hotel approx 280 rooms. I think the hotel is overpriced for what it offers.
The staff are very pleasant as they are, in most places in Thailand.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eleanordavies
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Many reviewers have mixed this place up with a larger/expensive resort. This place consists of a group of bungalows just 5 min walk to Kata Beach. It is owned/run by Mr. Helle and his wife. I stayed in Bungalow #5 - very roomy; complete with a kitchen, 2 recliners, TV, bed, batroom, etc. It's clean enough and in a GREAT location.

It's not luxury, but definately worth the $1,400 per night I paid (I believe they upgraded me for free to a larger bungalow). I've attached pictures.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My family and I will not be back. This hotel is devious about getting the extra dollar from you. Beware !! Check and double check all bills. Mine had someone elses drinks added, we were double charged for our meals ( which they add a service charge and vat onto after informing you what they cost, it could be a nasty supprise ) and we were charged for usage from the mini bar that we did not consume. To their credit, the reception did sort it out, but it should not have been necessary. So check your bills !!!!

Room Tip: pillows were terrible. One of our rooms had no hot water. We requested/booked connecting rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family