See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 16, 2013

i stayed here at this Resort in may 2011 its basically a village of different sized bungalows. i loved it the staff were excellent, nothing too much trouble ,the bungalows are clean ,the food is excellent and steffan and his wife ,are brilliant hosts , next door is an excellent Italian demarios, location excellent go down the hil to the left 5 mins from all the shops and bars ,go doen the hill to the right 5 mins the fantastic kata beach ,also the breakfasts are really good

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jerry N
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Truely a fantastic friendly resort. We stayed here 10 nights and had the best time of our lives right here. We had a pool access room that was a real ripper thing, a must for a little extra money. Situated right on the beach just like they said with excellent swimming and food layed on any time of the day or night. Breakfast is massive all you could possibly want and more, if you can fault the breakfast you'd be a miserable sort. The staff are super friendly with nothing ever too much effort, the rooms very well appointed very neat and serviced daily. The resort has it's own restaurants and bars with each one being a memorable experience. You're friendly they're friendly food and accomodation fantastic what are you waiting for???
Ron&Megan

Room Tip: pool access room a must for so little extra
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ownteeth
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here the night before my wedding.

As such I didn't get to investigate the hotel fully. From what I found the hotel was very well kept, the room I stayed in was very well layed out and met all the requirements needed. A nice little balcony garden was a good touch.

Check in and check out was pain free and easy to manage and the hotel pools and facilities appeared sensational.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Luke M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Rubbish place to stay.
Beach is dirty and over-run (even in low-season) with wannabe surfers who will mow you down. Internet is outrageously priced as are most things there. Management seem to be cashing cheques instead of showing concern and rectifying there shortcomings.
Don't stay there - I'd suggest Karon Beach Resort or if you don't mind being a walk over the hill to town Katathani is really great and a MUCH nicer virtually private beach with great restaurants.
Phuket in general though is disproportionately priced. Resorts & taxis amongst other things are way overpriced. Definitely pays to book accom early and shop around...

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Bex-Wako
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Please note most of the reviews on this page are for the wrong resort - Kata beach Spa resort and Kata beach resort and spa are 2 completely different things!!!
I stayed at this resort to study Thai massage. The website made it sound like the European owner was the teacher of the course, however it is actually a lovely Thai lady "Pin" who teaches - unfortunately she speaks very little English, which made learning very difficult and not possible to ask questions. It was expensive at 15000BHT, but I had 1-1 instruction and was learning a 5 day course (25hrs) in 20hrs, which they arranged especially for me which was convenient. A longer period of study time would be better, as I learnt everything once through, but no time to repeat and check technique at the end. Their courses are flexible for sightseeing etc if you were to stay for a holiday/study. The course content was good and received a book with the pictures (headings in Thai) to write my own notes, then at the end received certificate and English book. It would have been better to receive the English book at start to read ahead in my own time. I had already studied a different style of Thai massage in Australia so I had an advantage - if you were to study this course, I would recommend to have some experience (either watch DVD or read book first, and have lots of Thai massage) as it will make a lot more sense. Sometimes what Pin was saying to me in English was the opposite meaning, so it was a bit frustrating at times! I noticed another review by German person on Tripadvisor had same problem with language barrier.
The accommodation was cheap, upgraded to a larger room for free. Very basic - sheet but no blankets, shower hose over toilet etc, but clean enough and suited what I needed. Free wifi, complimentary bottled water each day, DVDs to watch, cable TV, close to everything. Owned by husband and wife, Steffan's wife runs the restaurant on site which was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo