See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 10, 2016 via mobile

We found this place on booking.com. Really cheap for phuket. This is so much more than a hostel. The lady behind the desk was really nice and provided us with a the information we needed.

The room was like a hotel room: big bed, TV, closet, ac and a nice bathroom! The location was perfect for us. It is a nice beachwalk to the reggaebar and the 7/11 is in front of the door. In the evening there is a nice banana pancake stand in front of the hotel for a snack.

I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quiet area and good facilities.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Zoë T
Reviewed March 2, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hostel, which is really a hotel for 19 day. We had a huge private room with a private bathroom. This place is really nice, with great stuff and service. The housekeeper Rani was great, and very helpful. The owner was also very nice and helpful. Gave us great tips and helped us book tickets to Krabi. She also works for a travel agency, so she gave a good discount.

It is close to Kata beach, only 10 min walk, so location is perfect.

We really enjoyed our stay there and would definitely recommend!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

I have somewhat mixed feelings about Phuket Holiday Hostel. I was able to check in 2.5 hours early, which was great, but had to ring bell at reception as there was no one present when I arrived even though I called just 15 minutes before to see about checking in early. Someone came and checked me in and showed me to my room which was on the 3rd floor, but no elevator. That was unexpected...I'm not sure if the listing had mentioned that or not. The receptionist did help me get my luggage up, which was nice. The room was quite spacious and clean, although there were mysterious stains on the couch and the towels were in very poor condition -- threadbare, grey and a bit smelly. The room itself smelled lovely, as did the sheets. The view was of the roofs of other buildings as mentioned by other reviewers, but you could also see hills in the distance which helped with the unattractive roofs. The bathroom was adequate, with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The shower curtain was too short and light however, and allowed water to escape if you were not careful.
I was prompted to pay for the room my second day there and they obviously preferred cash although they did not say so outright. When I presented my card, they told me there would be 3% added to the total to which I expressed surprise. I understand that businesses do charge that percentage to recoup bank fees, but I was surprised that that wasn't already a part of the bill. They insisted this was how it was done in Thailand, but I had previously stayed in 2 other hotels in Thailand and this was the first time the surcharge was mentioned. Again, I know it's always a part of the bill, I was just surprised that they had added it after I had been given a total.
Overall it was a pleasant stay, and at the end they assisted me with scheduling a pick up with the airport minibus.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2016

Would not call this a "hostel". Private rooms w/ showers in every room, VERY clean, good wifi, air con, 5-10 min walk to both kata and karon beach. front staff lady was wonderful, hard working and helpful. also, far prefer the karon area (family friendly, clean) rather than patong (crude, party town). would stay again in a heart beat.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alicia W
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

We arrived at the 'Phuket Holiday Hostel' at about 9pm on 1st January. We were greeted by a lady who straight away called "the boss" and passed the phone over to us. We were then told that she had cancelled the booking 2 weeks prior, of which we had not received any confirmation of. (It was booked through hotels.com) on investigation the owner had cancelled the booking that day. This was a real disappointing start to our visit to Phuket and were fortunate that hotels.com found us a room at Kata Blue Sea hotel, which has extremely friendly staff and great facilities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple