“A great stay”

Kata Poolside Resort
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had a great stay in December 2011. The hotel is in a great location but a little far from the bars if that is what you want. The staff was very friendly and attentive. They kept good track of who was in the hotel and who wasn't... So security was good. The rooms were well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Only negative was no free wifi. I don't go to Thailand to stay on the Internet but these days it is hard to go the entire week without it.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank mcapper

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay in my spacious room in Kata, Phuket, however a few things could have made my stay more enjoyable and somewhat special.

The room was a lovely large and airy space with two massive beds, a great ensuite wet room with a really fabulous high pressure shower and a nice deep bath. The view from my french windows was awful, facing a wall of wooden fencing, and the aforesaid windows didn't have a lock, nor did they fully close... I don't think the gap was wide enough to let in the mozzies but there were a few present none the less.

Arrival and check in was smooth, friendly staff, nice water provided in the room and the minibar was satisfactory.

You receive breakfast vouchers when you check in - keep these as they only give one set! The breakfast choice was really great and all (apart from the sausages) was delicious. Nice and quiet at 7:30 AM.

The only negatives would be that two mornings out of the three I stayed there, there was no hot water early in the morning for my shower... on the second occasion that this happened I called and within 20 minutes I had a nice hot shower. Also on room cleanliness, my sink hadn't been cleaned properly and the beds weren't made up very well. Water was always replenished accurately.

The beach was a 5-10 minute walk away, plenty of stores and restaurants in the vicinity, quiet at night and overall a great location. I think I might well stay again, but I would look around for different accommodation first - perhaps a room with a view!

Room Tip: Upper floors have better views!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Keiko_Amaya
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My stay at Kata poolside hotel was very pleasant. Staff are very helpful and terrific. The room is spacious, always clean and quite. The beach is only a 5min. walk from the hotel. The hotel's restaurant also have delicious food and the staff are very friendly. I will surely recommend the hotel to my friends who want to go to thailand. And i will surely go back there again. Well done Kata poolside staff. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank rubilyn
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked this hotel on booking.com as the first leg of our 2 week vacation in Phuket.
We got the airplane ticket at a very low price: 3000 dkk a piece so we decided to book the hotel ourselves.
We landed in Phuket airport at 9:30 am and went to the taxi meter stand outside the airport and an hour later and 600 baht we were in Kata beach.
The hotel is perfectly situated just 2 min from the beach and neighbor to the dining street of Kata.
The hotel consist of two building with a lovely pool in the middle.
The staff er friendly especially the girl at the pool bar.
We enjoyed our stay and would go back

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Check in and out was relatively smooth but with no particular effort to try and make you feel welcome or to raise a desire to return. The room was very dark and dull. The view from the balcony was to the back lawn where apparently construction work was ongoing. You really did not feel like staying in the room/balcony for any longer than necessary. The location of the hotel is ok - it is close to the Kata beach and there are also plenty of restaurants around. Breakfast was ok - but nothing to write home about espeacially. Some refurbishment should do nicely for this facility.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank globetrottingfin
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Kata Poolside Resort.

Stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed the good service and friendly staff.

The pool is big with different areas and very clean water - very good pool area!

The rooms are big and have a spacious feel to them – though they are a little dark, each room has a balcony – though some are fairly dark and do not have any view other that the buildings and the small side garden..
I would recommend upgrading / ordering a room at the ends of the blocks as these have a nice balcony view outlook and more light with bigger windows.

The breakfasts at Kata Poolside resort are very good – served in the restaurant street side- the area is bright and open, The staff greet all diners with a big smile and good morning;-).

The cooked food is good – the Thai food being of a very high standard – with Pad Thai, chicken fried rice, mixed fresh vegetables and the usual sausages – bacon – ham.

The fresh fruit is plentiful and ripe, the breads are nice – with Good quality jams.
My son settle on a plate of their small pancakes and honey each morning.
Coffee is okay.

The hotel rooms are bigger than usual and provide plenty of space for bags, with a couch and an area to relax:
The bathrooms are nice - big and clean.

On the downside -
There are no DVD players in the rooms
The paid WiFi is a pain - with difficult procedures for disconnection and at US$3 hour.

- I will return here as overall it was a great place to stay - close to the beach and quiet.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of each block have bigger windows and decent views - some look out over the poo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Well where can I start, This is the second time we stayed at this hotel and on both occasions we had the same friendly service. This time we booked the pool access room in the second building the room was great, yes it had a strange smell on the first day but we worked out later that this was the smell from the cleaning product they are using.On the downside the internet was not working in this room but the one from the hotel next door was, so we simply purchased our internet time from the hotel next door and away we went.
Overall this is a great place to stay, good location, helpful and friendly service, breakfast is great and with a good choice of food. Yes this place could do with a little bit of fresh paint here and there but that is not areal problem an upgrade of there internet service would be nice. We will be staying there again on our next visit to Thailand.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple