Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$158
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$42
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$35
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$43/night.

Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
  • Breakfast included
US$72
US$64
Hotels.com
Chanalai Romantica Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$88
Agoda.com
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$28
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

Kata Lucky Villa & Pool Access(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$29
Priceline
All reviewstuk tukkata townthe main roadyogurtthai foodlovely poolbreakfast buffet isswimming pool isegg stationhillphuketbeachscootertaxisfrogsexerciseasia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at BVR. Naing (I hope I spelled that right) on the front desk gave absolutely superb service and always had a friendly "hello, how's my sister" for my daughter.

There was no problem booking all our tours and activities for us and they were able to negotiate us a discount on occasion for certain tours. I disagree with previous comments about transport and costs as, particularly compared to home, and as I was traveling by myself with my 9 year old daughter, I found the taxis and BVR's transport efficient, safe and cheap. I didn't use tuk tuks as preferred to pay more for safety. Definitely make use of the BVR service to the Phuket town night markets, cheaper deals than at Patong.

Breakfast was absolutely fine and by the end of the week the chef was making my daughter's omelette as soon as she walked in as he knew her order.

My only comment was that housekeeping could happen anywhere from 10am to 4pm so, in the middle of the day when I wanted to retreat to my room with air con out of the heat, I had to skedaddle while they made up the room, but really only a minor inconvenience.

Big thanks to everyone at BVR.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your input. We look forward to serving many more omelettes to your daughter in the future. :-)

Reviewed July 6, 2012

the boomerang village resort is a real gem some 10 minutes (walking) away from kata beach (which is by the way a really ugly place). most of the rooms are small bungalows situated in a lovely garden. i had a deluxe room with sea view, nice bathroom and a huge and comfy bed. the staff is really friendly and helpful and you can tell that they try to make your stay as unforgettable as possible. oh yeah, and the pool area is lovely. there are unfortunately a few things that could need some improvement, the first is the wifi, which is not really working. the first two days the connection was very, very slow. they told me they would "make it better" which resulted in not having any internet in the room at all.. but as there's a business center next to the pool area with two pcs, printer and tablet, which all work perfectly, the internet problem was soon solved. another thing that could be a bit of a nuisance is that the english skills of some of the staff are somewhat "adventurous", something that would normally not be too much of an issue but when i wanted to book a taxi to the airport (in very clear and simple english) the young lady at the reception seemed to be totally overchallenged and although she answered "yes, yes" to my question if all was clear, my suspicions about her not having understood about at least 50% of my inquiry was confirmed when some time later another lady from the reception called my room and asked some details to my booking. but in the end everything worked out fine, so that was just a minor incident. the breakfast buffet is ok, but could get a bit boring after a while. do NOT take the fruit juices, they literally taste like undilluted syrup. nevertheless it was a pleasant stay and i would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MartinJohannesH
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We can assure you that we will try our best to keep our resort as the "gem" you described.

Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Boomerang in a Pool Suite.

The room was large with a nice deck area out the the front. The bathroom is large too. The hottest water temperature in the shower is really only tepid. My fiancée likes hot showers so was a bit
disappointed about this.

The service at the hotel is mostly friendly but the execution can be a little bit hit and miss at times. Everything is done with a smile though.

There are some odd policies too, like having to lock your room key in a box when leaving the resort only to have to take a key to that box with you instead of the room key - and they give you a re-usable card for breakfast and then make each guest sign a register recording attendance for breakfast even though as far as I could tell all rooms included breakfast in any event.

The pool area was nice and the gardens are also very nice.

The hotel is located up a steep but short hill and about 10 minutes walk out of the main areas of Kata. The benefit is that it is quieter and, and only a small resort. Scooters can be hired direct from the resort for 250B. I think a scooter is a requirement if staying at Boomerang.

The breakfast is adequate but not in the same league as other places we stayed in Thailand.

Overall I felt "BVR" was fair value for money but not exceptional. If you want a quieter option in Kata then it is worth a look.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Kiwiatlarge
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booked this hotel based on good reviews from tripadvisor but was left a little confused by the whole place. From the introduction - which included explanations of everything in the room, right down to the tissues and the hangers - to being required to repeatedly decline requests to film a 'video diary' upon departure and explain why we didn't eat dinner in the hotel restaurant, I found the whole place a bit odd and, quite frankly... amateur.

The grounds are well kept and the rooms well-appointed. It is high up on a high so the view is quite nice. It is about a 30-minute walk to the beach; shops begin to appear about 15 minutes into the walk. Upon returning, there is a very steep hill to traverse, but should not be a problem for relatively fit people. They also offer a free shuttle to the beach between 9am-1pm and returning in the afternoon if you so desire.

But I just found the whole place micro-managed and didn't really enjoy it. They have a system requiring you to provide coupons for your breakfast and sign in - as if there was a genuine risk that an interloper would hike 2km from town for a mediocre breakfast. I was repeatedly told of the 'beach discount' on sunbeds, which consisted of around AUD60c savings if you booked the hotel's sunbeds. A number of times I was asked why we hadn't yet had dinner at the hotel restaurant. When we showed up for our pre-booked taxi to go to the airport upon departure, we were told that we were too early; in fact, their clocks had stopped. Three times we had to explain that we didn't want to record a video diary of our stay. The whole place just seemed a bit OCD.

I'd choose a place closer to the beach in future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank danastarr
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. I don't really understand from your comments what you actually did not like about the resort?
In our website there is a clear price list and a very clear description of the resort where it is said that it is a bit away from the beach and the center (which actually we consider a good thing!) As we offer a free transportation service to the beach at regular times, this has never shown to be a problem for our guests, as when they come here they do in the full knowledge that the resort is in a quiet area and not directly on the beach.
About breakfast coupons: it is a system used in all hotels in the world when they provide breakfast to their guests. A few backpackers guesthouse make an exception to this rule probably.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Spent 7 days at Boomerang back in May, our honeymoon package was fantastic value and an ideal way to take the hassle out of organising trips and massages seperately. The staff simply couldn`t have been any more helpful. The food was great and the pool and general atmosphere very relaxing a perfect place to stay and experience Phuket.... i marked the fitness centre and spa poorly only because there wasn`t any not that it wasn`t up to scratch this isn`t a hotel for an athlete to come to train whilst away. I clocked a few decent runs along the local beaches but the heat didn`t lend itself well to Irish man for training..

Room Tip: We where lucky to have a relation living in Bangkok who travelled down to check Boomerang out before we booked and had been advised to pick suite 16. it over looks the pool and a had a good view down towards Kata. Great bathroom huge bed and decorated really nicely..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter J
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated