All reviews tuk tuk kata town the main road yogurt thai food lovely pool breakfast buffet is swimming pool is egg station hill phuket beach scooter taxis frogs exercise asia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Would have given this place an "excellent" review but we weren't too impressed by the restaurant on property. For great, cheap, local food go to the Nong Built Restaurant right down the street on the corner. Anyway onto Boomerang.. pool was enjoyable and clean, staff was friendly and helpful our room was very nice. Boomerang is situated on a mountain side and we had an amazing view of the sunset. Not much to talk about on the room itself, it's pretty standard with a bit more space.

Boomerang offers scooter rentals on property for about $7 USD. I thought it was a good starting point for getting around. A lot of great beaches and restaurants are within driving distance on the scooter. If you want to book excursions the front desk staff will do so for you at a discount with some companies. I would def stay here again if I go back to Kata.

Room Tip: If you like to be out on the balcony get a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelershane
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked in here for 3 nights due to TA reviews and it didn't disappoint. It's not cheap, but the resort is lovely. The pool is well kept, the staff are very welcoming and there are a few nice touches like a Living Room area to read and relax in. The breakfast buffet was really good - we ate there at various different times and it was always well stocked. As a veggie in Thailand I'd found hotel breakfasts a bit of a minefield (why so many mini frankfurters?!) but they even had some veggie friendly cooked options. We had dinner at the resort once too which was pretty tasty. I had pasta which I was a bit cautious about but it was delicious. There is even a sea view from the outdoor dining area (though only a small one).

I've seen some complaints here about distance to the beach. I'd say if you're pretty fit it would only take you about 20 minutes to walk but they do offer free transfers. One note, the approach to the resort is STEEP. It's walkable but be prepared to huff and puff a bit. Also the route around the resort is a bit up and down, so if you're a bit infirm it might not be ideal.

1  Thank jfilsell
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We chose the Kata beach area as it is quieter and less busy than Patong.

We stayed for 2 nights, we arrived after a long trip by bus from Khao Sok. the trip the hotel from the bus depot was 500 bhat but is about 45 minutes.

The resort is located on a very steep hill, which allows for nice views across Kata and to the beach.

The resort is nicely laid out with various rooms locate don the side of the hill at the back and the reception area, pool and restaurant at the front lower down the hill.

There is a nice internet area the best of any resort we stayed at on our trip with 2 computers and an ipad for thse staing at the resort and a handy printer also. They also have wifi so you can use the internet on your phone in the room all free. A nice touch is the afternoon coffee and biscuits located next to the computer area and pool.

The room we had was at the top of the resort nicely away from things, it was large, modern, clean and comfortable, with many nice finishes, blue spot lights in the shower, swans made of towls on the bed, slippers and bathrobes in the cupboards. A nice balcony overlooking kata and the beach in the distance.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, I had lost or had my phone stolen on route to the hotel, i only realised when i opened my bag at the hotel i informed them and they were very helpful coming up with ways to deactivate the sim and did everything they could to help.

On our visit on Nvember the mosquitos were biting very alot, so repellant is advised but if to much you can get room service very easily. The rooms have a small table and chairs in anyway.

The food was the biggest let down of this resort in my opinion and the worst of our entire trip. Firstly it is resort prices, the portions are small and the dishes we had were very bland. (it was the only place we stayed where i reverted back to western food for one night and had a pizza.) The waiting staff service tended to be slow also but friendly enough. A note for vegetarians the choice her is limite with 1 or 2 dishs vegetarian options.

The breakfast buffet is ok with a range of choices to eat, but nothing to write home about.

The beach, apparantly you can walk to the beach in about 15 mins, we didnt try, but I would estimate at least half an hour for the walk. We took their free taxi service to the beach running twice a day it says, but our driver was happy to pick us up upon request at any time we wanted. About a 10 minute car ride through the town the beach is clean and nice not the best in thailand by any means in terms of looks. The hotel has a beach bar where you can get deck chairs food and drink if you need it.

overall a nice relaxing resort, which seems to attract families and visitors back year after year from what we saw in the guestbook.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

What an excellent choice for our first visit to Thailand, Wonderful friendly service from Nie, Nat and all the staff. Well kept grounds, perfect view from our from balcony(112). Don't worry about the hill climb - its only 200m and if we can do it at 60+ there's really no problem - beside the hotel offers free transport to the beach and back. Breakfast (and dinner ) was fine in the small restaurant. Even Elvis sang for us. We will try and return next time. Good luck with your extension plans.

Room Tip: worth spending a bit extra for a deluxe room if you want to appreciate the views
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Boomerang Village is a great bargain for a $50 room. But its just a $50 room and resort. I stayed here last yer and was pleasantly surprised. I stayed November 2012 and it appears the resort has dropped its standards.

The toilet is broken and sometimes does not flush. The bathroom sink does not drain. The bathroom shower does not drain and I am standing in two inches of water when showering. I informed the staff, they tried to fix it but still does not drain. There are two pumps for water pressure and one is broken so no water presure. No hot water, just warm when showering. I came back from a long day out at 6pm and room was not cleaned, even though I had put a clean room sign on door. Breakfast just so so, when items are gone staff does not replace breakfast items. Wireless internet is sporadic often not available.

However, its probably the best deal your going to get for the price. But if you have the funds I would suggest a little better run facility.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank mike95762
boomerangphuket, Guest Relations Manager at Boomerang Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share the feed back. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectation. We admit that we had problem with the water pumps and now we have changed to be the new and bigger one instead for the better pressure. In regard to the problems of housekeeping, we are very sorry about this because some of housekeepers were new in the resort and couldn't finish the job in time. Once again, we apologize for inconvenience and your review help us to improve our services and facilities.
Best Regards, BVR Management