Just returned from 5 wonderful nights at Boomerang Village. Paolo, Paolo and Staff have created a wonderful oasis from the craziness of Phuket. The rooms are a great value. It is especially nice to be at this boutique location because you get personal service. They treat you like friends. This is why the place is very popular. Book early!!
Boomerang is located away from the beach and on a hillside. This gives peacefulness and removes you from the tackiness of Phuket/Kata. My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay (two kids 8 and 10 years old rated this a "5 Star"). If we return to Phuket will stay again at the Boomerang.
Highlights of Boomerang: Quiet location, large rooms (highly recommend the Suites), excellent decor, full breakfast including eggs/meat/latte/cappucino, friendly staff, happy hour at the pool.
Although we recommend Boomerang based on our personal experience, be forewarned on a few points:
* Not near the beach access or shopping. Shopping and restaurants are only a 10 minute walk.
* Many tuk-tuk drivers will add a small surcharge once they hear you're staying at the Boomerang. It is a VERY steep hill going to Boomerang and their little motors struggle.
* Our kids loved the place but not good for small kids (2 to 6 years old) because no playground or kiddie pool.
* In the mountainside so do get mosquitos, bring some spray or buy cheaply at pharmacy.
Overall Phuket was a small disappointment. It has grown too much and caters to a large crowd of hedonistic men looking for Thai women. The beaches are great and the islands are even better. Next time we'll return to quiet Krabi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach, Thailand