There were really good aspects of this place and some really negative ones. I dont really like leaving negative reviews but feel that everyone should know in full honesty.
The managers were really helpful, considerate and would bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable and confortable.
Lovely lady staff in the restaurant, nice security guard (always felt safe) and groundskeeper.
Really nice pool
Lovely big room (we had a suite)
The food in the restaurant is really good with so many choices
The price of the room
*No telephone, it was impossible to contact home and also our tour guide had to ring about 6 times to get a hold of us to reschedule.
*No alarm clock, their alarm clock was tell us and we will get the security guard to knock on the door.
*Bed too hard
*The really steep hill we had to climb everyday. what made it worse was that we had to push our three year old up in her stroller in that humidity. We were drenched in sweat after that each time.
*We had no aircon for half our stay, complained about it once, they changed the filter, it worked ok for a day or so then didnt work at all. In the end we had no choice to complain again as we were so uncomfortable, then they got a technician to regas it after that no probs.
*The cleaners left our sliding door wide open on one day and on another they left the window wide open. Luckily nothing got stolen but it left alot of mozzies in our room.
*The breakfast got a little boring after a few days.
*The worst part of the stay and I have to mention it was this young man that they had just hired.
first he tried ripping us off $500 baht at dinner, lucky my husband made him recount it. Then at happy hour it took a whole hour to receive 2 cocktails. One of the cocktails on the first day didnt taste like there was any alcohol in it either. The following day we decided to order two more as soon as we received our first drinks. Well we got the impression that the guy making the cocktails didnt like that very much and he didnt put in any alcohol again in our cocktails, we got another guest to try it and he agreed. We complained and the guy who made them insisted that it did but I have worked in hotels for 11 years and I knew that there wasnt any. We complained to the management about the cocktails and also the $500 baht attempt rip off. The cocktail guy got in trouble then we got given 2 more cocktails, I was hesitant to drink it but did. What a mistake, my husband and I got violently ill. I was so sick I was hallucinating. It was a funny coincedence that we both got sick at the same time a couple hours after drinking the cocktails and my daughter who didnt drink anything was fine. After this incident I really didnt want to stay there. We didnt order any drinks or food from them again.
*The staff always stared at you while eating, which made us feel really uncomfortable.
We stayed here for 11 nights. It was way too long in the one place, if I had to do it again I probably would like to stay at a resort on the beach or break my stay up and stay at 2 different places. Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives for me and I would not stay again if I were to go to phuket again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach, Thailand