Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2015 via mobile

No TV, no air conditioning, parking too small, rooms are deplorable; my first and last visit to this place. Not recommending it to no one. Not worth at all. It was a mistake reserving in this badly call hotel.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Albin C
Reviewed August 4, 2015

So if you're looking for a damp little getaway and you want to pick up some respiratory problems, then look no further .........this is the resort for you! I stayed here, with my boyfriend, as part of an organised trip. If Eco- Friendly means sticky floors, damp beds, no hot showers, stained and smelly pillows, rundown surroundings and general gloominess, then this place ticks all the boxes. I also had the misfortune of eating in this place and again I've nothing positive to say only that the pineapple was nice. Service was slow and unprofessional.
All 12 people in my group were extremely disappointed with the standard of the rooms and general cleanliness in this lodge. We couldn't get out of this place fast enough. It's also a bad location but that's another story. Stay well away!!!!

Room tip: All rooms are damp.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne R
Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

I had the misfortune of staying in this place for two nights, with my partner, as part of an organised tour. The room was damp, dirty, smelly and in disrepair. The location was terrible and the general upkeep of the place was dire. The rooms are actually only a 30 second walk from the beach but the owners have made absolutely nothing of this. Not one single chair/hammock/lounger in sight and the beach itself was very unappealing. The owners excuse is that this is an 'Eco lodge' and that it isn't meant to be high end hotel standard. Well that's absolute rubbish. I've been around the world and stayed in a wide range of accommodations from Eco lodges in the Bolivian rainforest to basic hostels in Angola. Camarona Caribbean Lodge is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. If I could give this place zero stars I would. In addition the food was awful and the majority of people I was travelling with got sick, mostly respiratory issues due to the dampness of the rooms. Also the location means it's a 40 minute walk into town or a 4 dollar taxi ride. That gets expensive if you're there for a few days. Don't let this place ruin your holiday, stay away!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a group trip, and most of us got ill! The rooms were dark and depressing, painted with gloomy colours. Because the rooms were so damp, we all felt grotty and ill and our clothes stank.

The place has great potential, but makes nothing of it. Although it's in the jungle, everything looks all grubby and the beach front is really neglected, e.g. no sun loungers, hammocks etc.

Breakfast was depressing, with undercooked pancakes and weird jam that looked like ketchup! Service was friendly but a bit incompetent and slow.

The location is also a bit crap. You have to get a taxi into the main town. Just stay there instead!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanna B
Reviewed June 12, 2015

Stayed here with my wife for a vacation. It is a family managed resort, with a separate owner. It is right on the beach outside of puerto viejo. A nice quiet location with a nice beach, great food and service. The resort itself is tired and in need of some repair. The room was okay. Bare bones, with a nice veranda. I would go back.

Room tip: If you stay, please go to eat at the restaurant accross the street. Il Pecoro Nero. Best Italian food in Costa Rica!
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel