See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights (27 - 29 jun 17). Location is good. Most of the rooms are having mountain view. Maintenance of hotels is not good. Behaviour of staff is good and food is not up to the mark. Overall stay was good.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2016

This place is very beautiful along with view of mountain which you can not forget. The behavior of the staffs are also Good and they are from our native place. Quality of food was also good. Overall good view of mountain with snow covered.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

I had booked 2 deluxe rooms in hotel Suryavanshi, Sangla through a travel portal after seeing it's pic given on the website.
On reaching Sangla I got to know that there was no Hotel Suryavanshi but it was hotel Suryavansh and it looked no where similar to the pics I had seen.
However I was told there that their deluxe rooms that I had booked were in their other property Hotel Dev Bhoomi.
Though this property also did not match the pics but still it was better than hotel Suryavansh.
The rooms seemed to be okay and the view from balcony was great, but our problems started after we checked in. First if you need a cold drink or water bottle you will need to walk about 10 minutes. We have to order food about 3 hours beforehand which is quite understandable given the limited number of guests and staff, but what came as a shocker was that when we were getting short of veggies we ordered some more but we're told that they prepare only the quantity ordered beforehand and were unable to provide more.
The hotel's owner is a bengali and I had read in a review that they have awesome bengali food. Well I don't know about that but the north indian food was real BAD!
At night there was a thunderstorm and the power was cut off for a couple of hours. Then we got to know that the hotel did not have any power backup and we were provided a candle each. After the rains we got another jolt when water seeped in one of the rooms making wet the entire carpet and our luggage kept on it.
The geyser in one of the rooms was not working and they did not do anything
It. Additionally though the bathrooms have a geyser, they do not have mixer taps or shower so you have to mix water in the bucket to take a bath, which did not seem very clean.
The hotel could be all right for backpackers but it was not priced accordingly. It was priced like a budget family hotel but failed to fit the category. ..

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2016

We stay at Hotel Dev Bhoomi Regancy at Sangla. The view from the hotel is excellent & the behavier of the staffs are also Good. Food was Excellent. We stayed at Room no.10
room was also good full view from the room.

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed October 11, 2015

We stayed here on 23-Sep-2015. We booked three double bed rooms. There was a group staying at this hotel who were in package with Debbhumi Travels, Kolkata. So all the rooms at ground and upper floor was occupied. They offered us one double bed room, one triple bed room and one four bed room at underground!!! Soon we realized that these rooms are for drivers and requested for other rooms. They showed us only one triple bed room is vacant at ground floor. We did not take that as all can stay at same floors. At evening we saw a big rat in the triple bed room and complained about it. They said – “ei 8 no. e abar idur poreche. Amra tarie dicchi.”. Translation – again rat has entered in room number 8. We will clear it. It was now clear to us that we got worst rooms of the hotel. We moved to the first floor triple bed room and released two rooms at underground. We spent all time together in the good room. At night I with my father went to the underground for sleep. The blankets were so dirty and smelly that we could not bring it over belly.
We could not understand why Debbhumi took our booking if they were full already. They clearly have management issues. We spend money for three rooms and “enjoyed” only two.
Food quality was good.
I went to Debbhumi as I heard that they are Kinnaur specialist. But our experience is that and would say a big NO to Debbhumi. In my opinion, HPTDC is the best option in Kinnaur. Rather one should not stay at Sangla and proceed up to Rakcham or Chitkul which have more scenic beauty.

Date of stay: September 2015