“Was fair but nothing great”

Peach Blossom Resort
Ranked #69 of 133 Hotels in Karon
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Was fair but nothing great”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We booked a 7 night all inclusive package. Check in was a breeze however that is when everything else became average and poor. They staff didn't fully understand the all inclusive package and neither did their restuarant, pool and bar staff. We kept having to explain it over and over and each time getting a different menu and response to our requests.

The hotel is okay but nothing fantastic. We had a great time on the holiday but will never touch this hotel and the others in the Peach group again.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean but beds VERY HARD!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank terencetobin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast Hinterland, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We have always stayed at Peach Hill Resort, Kata Beach until we found Peach Blossom Resort which is a sister hotel to Peach Hill. Service - 2nd to none. Rooms - 2nd to none. We stayed in a private pool villa which was very spacious and you have your own private pool with an outdoor shower. Total privacy. Bathroom/kitchen and sitting area with tv downstairs and huge master bedroom (with plasma tv) with matching huge bathroom. another outdoor shower with orchids hanging around. that's just the room. The restaurant and pool area were superb. Mr Tanin is the best Hotel Manager in the world :) The reception were very courteous and 100% of assistance. No - I'm not related to anyone at the Hotel - we are just in love with the place. There is a really steep driveway but a buggy will come and collect you at the bottom so you do not have to walk up it. Can't wait to go back again in April 2011.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank chook2564
Baghdad, Iraq
Reviewed 13 June 2010

A beautiful hotel with friendly, courteous staff at the top of a mountain on the beach of Phuket Island. Take a short walk downhill to the town to dine or shop, or to the beach below the hotel - there are two: Kata to the south, and Karon Beach to the north side.
Transportation back up the hill can be provided by a cart driver. The poolisde dining is elegant and serene with the lush tropical foliage and a view of the Big Buccah's head over the mountaintop. Relax poolside and enjoy peace and solitude near the warm salt-water pool. The rooms are spaicous and clean, and you will sleep like a dream.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank LindaRVidal
UK
Reviewed 23 March 2010

This was meant to be a luxury stop in my trip. This was the most I'd paid for a hotel and was really looking forward to staying there. I thought I'd got really lucky when I arrived I was informed that I had been upgraded to a pool villa. All was great until 1.30am when I was woken by rats running around my bedroom. I phoned to reception and someone came to and I explained that I couldn't stay in a room with rats. I went to reception and had to wait 1/2 an hour when finally the manager was telephoned and he arranged a room for the night in a different hotel. I had to wait for another 1/.2 an hour to be transfered as there was a large group checking in. I was taken back to Peaches Blossom the following day and given a room in the main hotel. The room was large and ok but in need of some repair. I was given a free evening meal to make up for having rats wake me up. On my final night at the hotel at about 1.30am an alarm went off for a minute or two. I phoned to reception to find out what was going on but nobody could speak more than a few words of english and so I couldn't get any understanding of what was going on or if we needed to evacuate. So I had yet another sleepless night at this hotel. The hotel had a nice swiming pool and the some of the staff were friendly but not all were helpful. It was on top of a large hill but they ran golf carts to take you up and down. Based upon my stay there I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank SJ1Uk
s.a
Reviewed 10 February 2010

Good hotel,not great The staff in the restaurant were great and a big "thank you" to the bar guy 'That' . Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank wayneasd123
johnnybigspenda
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Let me premise this review by saying we stayed at a couple of really nice 5 star hotels (in Bangkok and Chiang Mai) before arriving here. After coming from two of the nicest hotels we had ever stayed at and arriving at the Peach Blossom, we had to readjust our expectations.

Our We stayed at the Peach Blossom Resort for 5 nights in January 2010. Its located just off the main drag half way between Karon Beach and Kata Beach. (both beaches are great but we prefered Karon most days) The hill is steep, but if you can walk to the beach, you can make it up the hill... plus there is a golf cart guy who seems very disappointed if you choose to walk up the hill instead of let him drive you. Infact, we found that the hill made the hotel a bit of an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the main drag.

The hotel itself seems to be a recently refurbished hotel. The pool area is quite nice. Peaceful with quite a few deck chairs around for tanning / reading. Breakfast was ok. Lunch was pretty basic (which we only tried one day). The rooms were a good size, cool shower / bath area and the decor was cool. But if you looked closely, the workmanship was quite poor and overall it gave a 'cheap' feel. Too bad, because they had the right idea with their colors, wood and styling choices. The beds were hard as rock. Infact, we had two twin beds pulled together to make a king... not our favorite. That said, the sheets/matresses were clean and housekeeping came in everyday and freshed everything up. Free bottles of water everyday for your room as well. Internet was not free.

On the downside, service at the hotel was the worst that we experienced during our 17 days in Thailand. I'm usually completely fine with people not understanding english (since WE are the foreigners) but I found that the front desk staff didn't understand our requests and since they were uncomfortable, they tried to brush you off as quickly as possible. All in all, not overyly helpful.

All in all, I can't give this hotel a bad review and honestly for the money it was a great spot to stay. Spend your days on the beach and crash in your room till the next morning... repeat. This hotel is perfect for that. Its not perfect, but all in all you can do a lot worse.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple