Review Highlights

Sarasota, Florida
Diving King Cruiser/ Shark Point/ Koh Dok Mai

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Tracy C

All reviews similan islands king cruiser dive master shark point night liveaboard dive sites great boat the kitchen staff great dive safety stop awesome dives these guys high season koh crew pier richelieu
Reviewed 1 week ago

I am surprised at what in see in some of these reviews. My experience was wonderful. I went on a 2 Tank Dive. My Dive guide was great. There were about 4 - 5 divers per guide. The staff was professional and I would dive with them again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had not dived in 10 years. Moo, my instructor met me and made me at ease. Did everything at my pace, made it so enjoyable. Viz was not that great day on the day, but really did not matter too much. Lots to see on all dives. Boat was very well organised and food was great. I would absolutely dive with them again. Brilliant experience and safe divers.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I booked a day of diving with Phuket Scuba Club. Who without telling me booked me in with South Siam, if I had known this was the case I never would have booked as I had read the reviews on South Siam.

Upon getting to the dock there was no explanation no customer service we were just herded towards the boats. I was then yelled at for not having a life jacket, which are compulsory but this was never explained to me.

Our dive instructor was a nice guy and explained everything well which was probably the most positive experience of the day. Quite a few of the valves on the tanks had leaks. You could see it under water but I was told not to worry about it. However my dive buddy had a leak and ran out of air very quickly on the first dive as a result. I have dived all over the world including Thailand previously and never experienced something like that. It makes me concerned about the rest of their equipment.

The dive sites were good and being the off season there were less divers. During the dives our instructor took some photos and videos. He then wanted 1000 baht (per diver) to provide us with the copies at the end. That just further added to the feeling that we were being treated like cattle.

I probably would find a company that takes out less divers. It is worth the extra cost for the guarantee of safety.

1  Thank TimboAu
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We went on south siam after the company we booked with didnt have enough divers for an advanced dive. It was a flat windless day and the boat was half full. AMAZING. Definitely an advanced days dives at low tide with high currents but the coral and wildlife was amazing! A must do for diving in phuket.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Disappointing trip, as much to many people got booked on the boad (close to 40 divers) but the boat is very small. Crew Chef was very arrogant and food was too less. Th reinwagst nothing server anymore after the third dive (no fruits, cakes, anything) and even water cans runned empty. The only good thing was the coffee machine, but did not compensate for many inconveniences one have as dover on a too crowded boat. Sorry, but we divers are no stupid cash cows to geht treated like life cattles. Will not book with any dive agency if it’s get to get booked with this boat anymore.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

we were at richilieu Rock with a different diving center. After our first dive, a diver from south siam got in our boat. he was confused and disoriented. He was sent back to the south siam boat.

After our second dive an Instructor and this man came up to the surface and the man was unconscious. Our guides noticed and got in the water. we screamed at the south siam for help and it took the south siam boat really long to send a small boat. Our guides reanimated him and gave him oxygen. The Guide from south siam just punched the man in the face instead of emergency Breath etc. The man started breathing again and was sent back to the south siam boat. I don't know if he made it but without our guides, he would have died definetly. the boat from south siam reacted to slow and the guide did not react appropriatly.

I saw how many divers jumped in the water... I don't think that they would react better the next time. For your own safety you should not dive with them.

1  Thank Corinna20001
Reviewed March 14, 2018

I spoke to this company several times, each time I was well received, service aboard the boats quite correct, the prices are not exaggerated, on the whole I would say good company!!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I'm a freelance instructor and I've worked in all kinds of different diving experiences from luxury private yachts to crowded cruises and party islands. I've been on the South Siam liveaboards for the last 3 months. These boats have a well-oiled system and crew. The schedule allows for just the right amount of downtime. Even us instructors feel very relaxed and able to enjoy the whole experience. I feel proud to say the customers are in very safe and professional hands and all treated like VIP. One divemaster per 4 customers maximum per group is a GREAT policy. The boat drops off right on top of every dive site so you just jump in and go down, and picks you up and throws you a line if there is current. I can't think of a better way to really experience the Similans. I recommend at least 1 night/2 day trips, preferably longer. Day trips are pretty crowded and hectic with long journeys to and from. The best sites are Richelieu, Koh Bon, and Tachai but all of them are amazing.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Absolutely fantastic trip
Staff on the boat were great, very friendly
Everything very well organised from arriving on to the boat to daily timetable to plan for each dive.
Diving was some of the best I have ever done, saw Turtles, Whale Shark, barracudas and some of the dive sites had so much life on them it was amazing.

One of those trips I'm sure I will remember for years to come

Highly recommend the trip and the company

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent time with this company.
My husband and I did two dives at Koh Racha Yai.
We had our own Dive master- Tuff. He was a real gentleman and really helpful. We hadn't dived in a while and were nervous but he was really calming and accommodating and helpful.
The reefs are not incredible, but we are spoilt in South Africa. However we did see some very interesting things we don't see usually. No currents or swell, stunning. We rented gear with them, very nice and well fitted. They provided us with good coffee, sandwiches and fruit for breakfast. Stunning Thai lunch and plenty of drinks. You only pay for beer..boat was really comfortable and clean. Crew were very friendly. We had an excellent experience and would definitely do it again!
Recommend Tuff as your DM.